TM30 Mandela Effect in The Matrix

On 7/14/2019 at 10:13 AM, Jadam said:

IMO (not that anyone ever asks me, but still) immigration shouldn't even accept a TM30 from the alien; it should have to be filed by the property owner only.

Information published in the Government Gazette and on www.immigration.go.th, which I consider to be the official website of the Immigration Bureau.

1. Section 4 of the Immigration Act:
    Definition of “house-master”
  2. Section 38 of the Immigration Act:
    Requirement for the “house-master”, the owner or the possessor of a residence to report to immigration the arrival of foreigners at the residence.
  3. Immigration website:
    Public handbook for the submission of the form TM.30

According to the definition of House-Master, for a rented residence House-Master means the chief possessor of the residence in his capacity of tenant.

On 7/16/2019 at 2:07 AM, Maestro said:

According to the definition of House-Master, for a rented residence House-Master means the chief possessor of the residence in his capacity of tenant.

Semantics.

It defeats the whole purpose of the law if you let foreigners register themselves; property owners are responsible to report aliens staying on their property.  The only reason immigration allows foreigners to report themselves is because it's "easier", the same reason why we do all sorts of stupid things.

I realize I'm trying to apply logic to a situation which defies it, but hey, I was just expressing my opinion.  And the point is, if you let your landlord take care of it for you, YOU won't be fined; if they don't do it or do it late, they should be fined.

49 minutes ago, Jadam said:

Semantics.

It defeats the whole purpose of the law if you let foreigners register themselves; property owners are responsible to report aliens staying on their property.  The only reason immigration allows foreigners to report themselves is because it's "easier", the same reason why we do all sorts of stupid things.

I realize I'm trying to apply logic to a situation which defies it, but hey, I was just expressing my opinion.  And the point is, if you let your landlord take care of it for you, YOU won't be fined; if they don't do it or do it late, they should be fined.

The logic that matters is that you won’t get a 1 year extension without a TM30. The landlord should do it (mine did) but if they won’t then you should be able to do it and pay the fine. 

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Not sure what this has to do with the Mandela effect.

I've been told a hundred times at my nearest Immigration Office by many IO's that a TM30 is required EVERY TIME I stay in a hotel or anywhere else other than my home (in this province or anywhere else).

Last time I went in to submit one I was told by two different IO's that the only time I need to submit a TM30 was when I return from a trip out of the country.  I don't need to submit one after staying in a hotel or after any domestic travel.  I was also told that it has always been this way and that nothing has changed regarding the rules.  get it now?  

5 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I've been told a hundred times at my nearest Immigration Office by many IO's that a TM30 is required EVERY TIME I stay in a hotel or anywhere else other than my home (in this province or anywhere else).

Last time I went in to submit one I was told by two different IO's that the only time I need to submit a TM30 was when I return from a trip out of the country.  I don't need to submit one after staying in a hotel or after any domestic travel.  I was also told that it has always been this way and that nothing has changed regarding the rules.  get it now?  

Not really, since the Mandela effect is when large amounts of people incorrectly remember something in the same way.

15 minutes ago, Myran said:

Not really, since the Mandela effect is when large amounts of people incorrectly remember something in the same way.

You mean as in large amounts of farangs here remember being told something completely different by Immigration the last time they asked?  No?  Okay, you win then champ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

You mean as in large amounts of farangs here remember being told something completely different by Immigration the last time they asked?  No?  Okay, you win then champ.

No, since people are in fact being told different interpretations of this rule. Immigration staff interpreting rules differently does not equate to the Mandela effect.

I’m having my landlord do it now. If he fails report and I get fined I just discount from rent. It’s landlord responsibility to do it not yours. Your only responsibility is to warn the landlord whenever you know in advance and send a pic of the tm6, entry stamp and passport on the date you arrive home. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 1:34 AM, Drax said:

I’m having my landlord do it now. If he fails report and I get fined I just discount from rent. It’s landlord responsibility to do it not yours. Your only responsibility is to warn the landlord whenever you know in advance and send a pic of the tm6, entry stamp and passport on the date you arrive home. 

Exactly.
If your landlord doesn't do it in time, HE should be fined, not you.