BANGKOK 18 July 2019 07:30
acenase

Problems at Savannakhet and Border July 2019 Report

Yeah man look.

First of all, I understand the inconsistency that I brought to your attention in the other thread. You don't want people to know exactly where you are coming from and on what dates, for your own protection. So that's fine. That's in reference to the Bali/Manila confusion.

One thing that I will say is, I don't know how much "travelling" you have really done, Tokyo and all that, but what I do know is, you stretched this last one to the max.

You entered 13 Apr at Nong Khai, until 11 June, and extended 30 days. Now it's 12 July.

So on this last one, you stayed the full 90 days.

Which is likely what you have done on the previous ones.

I'm not judging you, so don't get me wrong, it's your choice of how you arrange your travels,  but I don't want some readers (including myself), to become paranoid. I for example have a less obvious travel pattern than this.

But yeah, I will say it's hard to travel with a pattern like this through airports, which is what created the unhappy experience a few months ago, at Suvarnabhumi.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

I've been in Thailand since January 2018. But my passport is full of Tourist visas from embassies in other countries. When I traveled to Tokyo, I just came back on free 30 day Visa Exemption stamps and traveled on to other countries and came back without a visa.  I've only gotten visas when I plan to stay the full 90 days out of it. 

I don't believe tourists should have a problem if they aren't trying to live in Thailand and return back to their homecountry.  The problems I have is because I haven't returned back to my homecountry and just using Thailand as a hub to travel around.  That's why I feel like they keep pushing the "Not allowed to stay in Thailand more than 6 months of the year" as a warning to prevent being scrutinized heavily by immigration/passport control at the Airport.

Edited by acenase

14 minutes ago, acenase said:

I've been in Thailand since January 2018. But my passport is full of Tourist visas from embassies in other countries. When I traveled to Tokyo, I just came back on free 30 day Visa Exemption stamps and traveled on to other countries and came back without a visa.  I've only gotten visas when I plan to stay the full 90 days out of it. 

Yeah ok. So what's next?

Now you're confined to land borders and you know it. You have one rejection and one blue stamp. So flying through airports is out of the question for you.

I came to the conclusion that what you are doing now has a limited horizon during current climate. Ways to proceed next are either change passport, or go on a more solid visa, ED something. Not necessarily Thai language related.

Or you can push it like this until you decide you want to go back home (and change passport).

But no more leisure travel for you until then through airports.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

The way I plan to do my travels is just flying to Vientiane Airport and entering and using a domestic flight from Udon to DMK, which is still very cheap. I don't plan on using Suvarnabhumi anymore. I'm not taking that risk again. It's much easier to travel where I want and book a flight to Vientiane without any hassle.

Although doing the land borders is not that bad at all.  Just a 12 hour bus ride and arriving to the embassy early in the morning was perfect timing.  

I plan to get a new passport inside of Thailand and start over. I thought about going for an ED visa but I'm just not interested in school, plus it still doesn't guarantee your entry into Thailand since there has been lots of reports of people being denied even with an ED visa too.

I've read that even though you get a warning stamp, they only do a visual scan of your passport, so of course with my current passport having 5 previous TV's in it means the stamp was predictable. If you go back with a brand new passport there won't be any problems.

I will probably take JackThompsons advice and do what he recommended if he had a fresh new passport for Tourist visas which is start with Phnom Penh, Penang, HCMC, Savannakhet, Hanoi, Vientiane x2.

I can confirm, that a new passport won`t work at all. Was faced 2 days ago with 5 full Pages of my entries to Thailand, when I tried to enter via BKK airport on an economy class ticket. I was on a METV in a brand new passport. I saw the list, they had both my Spanish and German Names on it, as I alternated the passports to enter Thailand in the last years. Just could pass immigration, as my gf phoned 30min with the IO and I was able to prove that I always arrived on Business/First class tickets in the past (according to the IO the premium lane won`t bother at all...she told me that after I asked her 10 times. If it`s true or not...i don´t know). 

Don`t know how long the game might still work with the land-borders, but a new passport isn`t the solution for sure.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

I can confirm, that a new passport won`t work at all.

Seems to have worked for you, with all your 5 page entry list, so that's wonderful news.

Enjoy your stay.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum.

Edited by lkv

17 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Anyone not working is a tourist. So that is the proper visa.

Don't you mean, "Anyone on a tourist vise shouldn't be working." 🤣 

By the way, we are all tourists here. The only difference is the length of time on a sticker in your passport, and all of those stickers give a foreigner the same rights here, and that is, zero rights.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2