BANGKOK 23 July 2019 22:27
acenase

Problems at Savannakhet and Border July 2019 Report

13 hours ago, lkv said:

Just saying. I am paranoid about fake stories myself, but for whatever reason, at first look, the way it's worded, I don't think it's bulls#it.

The post has been removed now, which attests to its authenticity, I guess.

1 hour ago, SicTransit said:

The post has been removed now, which attests to its authenticity, I guess.

Do you mean lkv's posting of the Facebook story?  Its still showing on my screen - post No. 181.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:18 AM, lkv said:

Look, there are all sorts of reports, some fake (probably made by paid gvt posters), but nevertheless, others are real.

I saw genuine visas from Phnom Pehn with "denied for too many tourist visas" plus void without prejudice.

We have Brigssy's report of being denied entry on METV, and he is a member with very high credibility and community rating.

Further, we have people on METV that had to bribe Phuket Immigration 1,000 baht to get in (don't ask me to look on Facebook, it was some months ago).

Your usage of METV is OK at present time.

What worries me is inconsistent law application, corruption, in a country that, at the end of the day, is a third world country.

We had a 29 year old guy supposedly living in Spain, that wanted to know how to "game the system," next year.

What am I supposed to advise him when 3 hours ago, I see reports of issues from Savannaket?

The point is, it's quite volatile at the moment.

Now, I don't like volatility. So various other countries / options need to be researched.

The volatility will only increase one the biometric system has been FULLY implemented, nation wide, then watch how they will "turn the screws."