MG keeps up the momentum with Extender pickup

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2019 at 7:02 PM, ignis said:

You would have to see like for like...........  the above picture is a manual 4x2 .... the 4x4 Auto appears to start with the NEW Discount @ 998,000 baht for the Colorado High County 4x4 A/T.......... the MG 4x4 Auto is to start at under 900,ooo baht,,, so 100,000 baht saving....  guess not so many will go for the TOP model, the TOP model Colorado is 1.1 million with discount until end of next month. 

You can cleave 100k off the   top  models of Chevrolet Colorado with ease if you pay cash and also get another 35k of accessories included according  to  this thread.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Wonder why the Chinese didn't advertise/sell it in LOS before under it's real name......Do they know MG was a performance brand...

They've spent a lot of  money on new showrooms etc  guess  they don't want to start opening up a second front.

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

They've spent a lot of  money on new showrooms etc  guess  they don't want to start opening up a second front.

I think it's more like folk probably would not entertain a Chinese pickup, but a "British" pickup maybe a different matter....

4 hours ago, transam said:

I think it's more like folk probably would not entertain a Chinese pickup, but a "British" pickup maybe a different matter....

I looked at their website, The word British ,British symbols  and the MG history is emphasised but I challenge anyone to find the word "China" anywhere.

A Good Marketing strategy.

By the way has anyone noticed the resemblance of the front end  of the ZS to the Mazda CX5? 

MG ZS

image.png.19cabe3b2ac748c3274a4a388fc44d4e.png

Mazda CX5

image.png.06e9a1e5909037d74c763ca37c9182c8.png

Also Checked their Extender Pick Up prices in their website. They seem to be in line with all the more established companies, perhaps some extra bells and whistles .

They seem to be good looking vehicles, but I stand with my opinion of "whys should I take a chance with them "? what is my incentive?

I am sincere.I like to consider them. I would be coming back to Thailand in the next few months and I am in the market for a new vehicle.  Why should I buy from them.

The ZS is nice and reasonably priced, but if I read correctly, it has an old generation motor and four speed auto?

Anyway, what's your opinion to all of the above?

I've just noticed this thread - I was at the BITEC Big Motor Sale last week, and I was wondering why there was a Toyota Revo on the MG stand.  

I guess the original Chinese pick-up that is now sporting the MG badge was a copy of the Toyota?

Archived