Honda gets over 4,000 orders for new Accord

Honda gets over 4,000 orders for new Accord

By THE NATION

800_0386778d844a00b.jpg

Special version of the Honda Accord at this year's Bangkok Auto Salon.

Honda has received more than 4,000 orders for the new Accord midsized sedan, after introducing it in May.

According to distributor Honda Automobiles, sales are equally divided between regular and hybrid models. The company stated that deliveries would commence from July 12.

The Accord is priced at Bt1.475 million for the Turbo EL, Bt1.639 million for the Hybrid and Bt1.799 for the Hybrid Tech.

Notable features include adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow, multi-view camera system, Honda smart parking assist system, head-up display, wireless smartphone charging and Apple CarPlay with Siri voice control.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/auto/30372901

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-12

I test drove (extensively) the new accord over a year ago in the US when visiting. I thought I might want to buy one in Thailand. I read every review I could find and was quite disappointed when I actually drove it. I drove both the hybrid and the EL. The seats are hard as rock and it sits too low. The car itself is a blast to drive and handles like a Bimmer almost, so clearly it's a driver's car unlike the Camry.

Recently I went to the Honda dealer here to check it out and after sitting in it walked away with the same impressions. But, seriously, to wait over a year for the car to arrive in Thailand in just inexcusable. Anyway, just like in the US, most of us have moved on to SUVs anyway....

5 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I test drove (extensively) the new accord over a year ago in the US when visiting. I thought I might want to buy one in Thailand. I read every review I could find and was quite disappointed when I actually drove it. I drove both the hybrid and the EL. The seats are hard as rock and it sits too low. The car itself is a blast to drive and handles like a Bimmer almost, so clearly it's a driver's car unlike the Camry.

Recently I went to the Honda dealer here to check it out and after sitting in it walked away with the same impressions. But, seriously, to wait over a year for the car to arrive in Thailand in just inexcusable. Anyway, just like in the US, most of us have moved on to SUVs anyway....

Good job you don't want a Roller then...:stoner:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Good job you don't want a Roller then...:stoner:

I'm sorry to say it, but saloons (sedans) are going the way of the dodo bird. Hell, there is even a new Roller SUV, the Cullinan, so I guess if you can't beat em you join em.

10 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Your problem here is you got too old.

"hard seats"

"sits too low"

Archived