Thai model actress Selina has baby forcibly taken from her on Phuket street

snoop1130

Thai model actress Selina has baby forcibly taken from her on Phuket street

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1562933628_1-org.jpg

Phuket-based British-Thai model and Channel 3 actress Selina Pearce explains how her 16-month-old baby was taken from her by force by her estranged husband and a group of men – allegedly including two police officers – earlier today (July 12). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- Police are investigating an incident today (July 12) that saw Phuket-based British-Thai model and Channel 3 actress Selina Pearce having her 16-month-old baby taken from her by force by her estranged husband and a group of men – allegedly including two police officers.

The incident occurred on the street in front of the popular Kanom Jeen restaurant in Saphan Hin, on the fringe of Phuket Town, at about midday.

Ms Pearce, 25, filed a complaint at Phuket City Police Station immediately after the incident and then filed another report at the Phuket office of Damrongtham Centre (Ombudsman’s Office) at Phuket Provincial Hall.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-model-actress-selina-has-baby-forcibly-taken-from-her-on-phuket-street-72108.php#yHYlzBMJJL0wHZtT.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-12

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

... having her 16-month-old baby taken from her by force by her estranged husband and a group of men – allegedly including two police officers.

There's not enough information here to decide whether the father had a legal right to take the baby from her mother.

My only comment is that (IMO) police officers should never be involved in such cases, unless they have a court order instructing them to do so.

What a terrible start in life for that 16-month old kid.

If police were involved, what good will it do to file a complaint?  Police get hired to perform many off-duty jobs...had one come to my condo to try to bully me into paying a bogus debt...I could not understand his English (lol)...he left frustrated and never returned...????

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

If police were involved, what good will it do to file a complaint?  Police get hired to perform many off-duty jobs...

Exactly. That's why she escalated it to the Ombudsman's office. Smart move.

8 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Probably better with the Thai husband. 

Why don´t you eleborate on that a little bit, and let us all know why that would be? You might be right. I mean, they might be your personal friends, or that you from an earlier stage have a good knowledge of this woman on a private level. It might also be that you have a closer relation with the childs caretaker, so that you get first hand information. Actually it can be a load of reasons why you might have this feeling and belief.

If not. Its a very shitty thing to write.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

That's not me in the background. I am fast but not that fast.  

1562933628_1-org.jpg.0b9ebef5c2a8a4163d28910cd437f8de.jpg

Whoever you are get them Nikes and a crash helmet on and leg it like your life depends on it(and possibly lookalike's)???? 

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Damn if that guy in the background is hitting that he’s a lucky guy.

he seems to look familiar?!?!?

The most probable is that he is her father, as he also lives in Phuket. So, my guess is that hitting is out of the question in that case.

19 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The most probable is that he is her father

You could be right with this one.

her 16-month daughter, Ayla, was taken from her by force by the child’s father, Bangkok-based property developer Ditsadetch Kanokwiriyasanti,

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

You could be right with this one.

Ok, but I don´t understand. Did you base that on the quote under? Then you are speaking about the childs father. I was speaking about the mothers father, that also was living in Phuket, and the one the father of the child talked to before snatching the child. Or just maybe I missed something you are trying to mention?

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, but I don´t understand. Did you base that on the quote under? Then you are speaking about the childs father. I was speaking about the mothers father, that also was living in Phuket, and the one the father of the child talked to before snatching the child. Or just maybe I missed something you are trying to mention?

The mothers father would be the farang in the pic. Father of the child is a guy named Ditsadetch Kanokwiriyasanti according to the link.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So the woman snatched the child from the Bangkok family home, moved to Phuket and blocked the fathers phone.

Sounds like dad just corrected her injustice towards him.

Good luck to him.

There's nothing in the article about her 'snatching' the child.

According to Thailand child custody law, both lawful parents of a child have full custodial rights (unless a Thailand court order modifies these parental rights.)

So, unless a court had granted sole custody to the father (of which there's no evidence) she had a perfect right to take her child with her. What makes you think the father has more right to the child than the mother or that any "injustice" was done to him?

5 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You gotta read the full story, it also says mom employed nanny and housekeeper to look after the kid while she worked full time.

Having lost two children of my own in the UK from a woman snatching and running I have the greatest sympathy for the guy. I never saw mine again.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You gotta read the full story, it also says mom employed nanny and housekeeper to look after the kid while she worked full time.

I read the whole story, including that part of it. It says there were housekeepers at their house in Bangkok and that she had hired a babysitter in Phuket for when she was working. In any event, none of that translates to the child being 'snatched.' 

I can sympathise with your personal travails but unless you know the full facts of this case (and neither of us do) there's no way to be sure it mirrors your experience.

Ms Pearce for instance, points out the she (and her father) had "already told him that he can come to see his daughter anytime," and that she had "never stopped him from seeing her ..."

3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Ms Pearce for instance, points out the she (and her father) had "already told him that he can come to see his daughter anytime," and that she had "never stopped him from seeing her ..."

Bit hard for him to do when she's blocked his phone.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:
2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Bit hard for him to do when she's blocked his phone.

Why?  It doesn't require a phone contact to see his daughter anytime.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

According to Thailand child custody law, both lawful parents of a child have full custodial rights (unless a Thailand court order modifies these parental rights.)

So, unless a court had granted sole custody to the father (of which there's no evidence) she had a perfect right to take her child with her. What makes you think the father has more right to the child than the mother or that any "injustice" was done to him?

According to what your saying he didn’t snatch either. 

Archived