BANGKOK 21 July 2019 14:05
Thomas J

Chase $5 Wire Transfer - Is this an IAT transfer?

DFAS does not offer IDD for Thailand; for many other countries but not for Thailand.  And apparently no plans to offer IDD for Thailand.

So, to have you DFAS military payment sent to Bangkok Bank it must be sent via the ACH system.   Many US military retirees in Thailand do this.  However to the best of my knowledge DFAS does not send in ACH "IAT" format which Bangkok Bank will require starting 1 Jan 2020 otherwise the payment will be rejected.  Until 1 Jan 2020 ACH domestic format is fine. 

Pib,  Thank you for quick reply.

Disappointed in DFAS.  Guess they have their reasons.

8 hours ago, Pib said:

8 hours ago, Pib said:

transmit your payment as a ACH "domestic" format which would be rejected by Bangkok Bank beginning 1 Jan 2020 since it not in the ACH "IAT" format.

Is that the case i read elsewhere that it had been extended only till Sept 1st

1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

Is that the case i read elsewhere that it had been extended only till Sept 1st

1 Sep 2019 is for personal transfers....like a transfer from a bank/CU/brokerage....like you sending a transfer from your US bank.  

The 1 Jan 2020 date is for govt/private pensions paid by the a govt agency/company....like social security/military/VA/OPM/state/private company pension payments.

1 Sep 2019 is for personal transfers....like a transfer from a bank/CU/brokerage....like you sending a transfer from your US bank.  

The 1 Jan 2020 date is for govt/private pensions paid by the a govt agency/company....like social security/military/VA/OPM/state/private company pension payments.
Thank you very much your information is always accurate and much appreciated

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk