BANGKOK 21 July 2019 13:25
SteveK

Looking for cheap-ish accommodation

Hi guys,

I'm needing a basic room in BKK for under 1000 a night - willing to pay for a month up front.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Prefer to be not too far from Sukhumvit but if it's a nice place I am willing to compromise.

This is a nice place, usually 1200 Inc breakfast but would undoubtedly do a deal for a month. Talk to "Bob".

http://www.innspirebangkok.com/

• Like 1

Approach any hotel near the red light districts of Sukhumvit and ask for a room discount rate if paid one month up front. You can often get a good deal if you don't mind paying in advance which you would have to do anyway for a very basic apartment. Not to mention that the closer you can get to a red light district the more money you save with transport fees. Plus you get room service, clean sheets everyday etc.

Just now, Airalee said:

At ฿30,000 per month, you can get a decent condo on Airbnb.

Which is illegal in Thailand now.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

Which is illegal in Thailand now.

I thought that was for rentals less than 1 month.  Did they change that?

• Like 1

Condos & guesthouse rooms can be rented monthly. no problems. But remember to report to immigration office.

S6 Sukhumvit Hotel. Used to be called the Crown Hotel in the old days. What a zoo it was. Refurbished and great location for what you want for everything including nightlife. Great old lady Thai owner. Just a wonderful person. I would bet you could cut a deal with her for 1 month or even a couple weeks at $850 or so. 

Try the Agoda website. They have prices to suit every budget.

I normally stay near the airport when I am transiting through Bangkok. 3 star hotel, comfortable room, aircon, restaurant, pool, massage shop. Usually 650 baht/night. I'm sure there would be plenty of others in that price range.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Try the Agoda website. They have prices to suit every budget.

I normally stay near the airport when I am transiting through Bangkok. 3 star hotel, comfortable room, aircon, restaurant, pool, massage shop. Usually 650 baht/night. I'm sure there would be plenty of others in that price range.

Hotels are very competitive in the airport area, which seems to include many places not very close to the airport.  Nothing like those deals on Sukhumvit. 

4 minutes ago, moontang said:

Hotels are very competitive in the airport area, which seems to include many places not very close to the airport.  Nothing like those deals on Sukhumvit. 

You may be right. I wouldn't know, because I want to get out of Bangkok ASAP.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. I wouldn't know, because I want to get out of Bangkok ASAP.

A friend came in a couple of weeks ago, and said he paid 650 for a good room and included them picking him up and bringing him back for his bus to HH, and a decent breakfast.  Must be a lot of capacity out there.  Agoda works for me too, but anything less than a 7 overall, look out, and pay close attention to the location rating, which can mean a good deal is going to cost you more once transit is included, unless it is simply the courtesy airport vans.