Are new members ignored?:

squawkorama

52 minutes ago, petemoss said:

I wouldn't say that I've been ignored but it has been made clear to me that my posts don't carry the same weight/value as those of a senior member. 

There seems to be this hierarchy on here amongst posters.  The more post count you have the more 'likes' you'll likely receive. A newbie is seen to be the one pushed to the back as he's still wet behind the ears. Or so they think. So along with the OP and Petemoss I agree there is a pecking order on TV.

17 minutes ago, petemoss said:

On another forum there was a long running thread on this subject, which led to more than 1 member being banned, such was their vitriol towards newbies.

I find vitriol entertaining, provided it is done inventively.

11 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Yes, I have been on other forums and agree that I have found the same problem on them too. I'm not just talking about posts replying to me. On this and other forums I have seen senior members belittling the opinion of "newbies" due to their lack of years on the Forum.

On another forum there was a long running thread on this subject, which led to more than 1 member being banned, such was their vitriol towards newbies.

Never seen it myself, of course you will always get the odd member who likes to bait other members but they will do this to senior members, platinum members and even mr universe members, not just to newbies. Overall TV is pretty fair to everyone, but as I said there will be a bad apple in every group.

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

There seems to be this hierarchy on here amongst posters.  The more post count you have the more 'likes' you'll likely receive. A newbie is seen to be the one pushed to the back as he's still wet behind the ears. Or so they think. So along with the OP and Petemoss I agree there is a pecking order on TV.

"Newbies" tend to be posters getting new profiles to create troll posts (Which can be interesting sometimes , but some people are uninclined to reply to insincere posts) or banned posters returning with a new profile 

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought you "were" a senior member........:stoner:

Not on this forum. Care to elaborate?

Or are you one of those senior members that think that you are entitled to cast aspersions on newbies without response?

Archived