Crackdown on immigrant families to start Sunday, Trump says

rooster59

28 minutes ago, expatfromwyoming said:

Why do you wear the Trump hat backwards!!!!!!

Well. Because I disagree with 90% of what Trump says on any given Tweet...although he can reverse himself, and on a dime, and somehow his supporters don't seem to give a damn!

Now I'm old school, I used to believe that you could choose to agree and disagree with any parties individual polices, and decisions, even the party you affiliate to.

Today it seems I'm a dinosaur, and you have to follow the tribal letter of the law, regardless of how insane, nonsensical, or basically just wrong.

In today's world that just makes you an excommunicated heretic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well. Because I disagree with 90% of what Trump says on any given Tweet...although he can reverse himself, and on a dime, and somehow his supporters don't seem to give a damn!

Now I'm old school, I used to believe that you could choose to agree and disagree with any parties individual polices, and decisions, even the party you affiliate to.

Today it seems I'm a dinosaur, and you have to follow the tribal letter of the law, regardless of how insane, nonsensical, or basically just wrong.

In today's world that just makes you an excommunicated heretic

That my friend does not make you a Dinosaur it makes you an independent voter. 

I suspect there are more of as than estimated.

Trump's win took people by surprise because there were a lot of people that held hope that trump will solve things for them  but were ashamed to publicly admit it. In the privacy of the voting booth they voted for him.

Conversely  people that have supported trump are now ashamed to admite that they were so wrong, and are publicly bending over to make excuses, but privately they know, and in the privacy   of the voting booth I am convinced they will vote their conscience. For the above reason I predict a landslide loss for trump. 

But then again we have the democrats on the other side and they are known to shot themselves on the foot.

29 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That my friend does not make you a Dinosaur it makes you an independent voter. 

I suspect there are more of as than estimated.

Trump's win took people by surprise because there were a lot of people that held hope that trump will solve things for them  but were ashamed to publicly admit it. In the privacy of the voting booth they voted for him.

Conversely  people that have supported trump are now ashamed to admite that they were so wrong, and are publicly bending over to make excuses, but privately they know, and in the privacy   of the voting booth I am convinced they will vote their conscience. For the above reason I predict a landslide loss for trump. 

But then again we have the democrats on the other side and they are known to shot themselves on the foot.

I seriously hope you are right about the voter remorse factor, but a lot will depend on the available alternative

The Democrats unfortunately are also addicted to the Kool Aid, and my fear is that given the fact that Primaries are basically driven by the extremes of both parties, the choices in 2020 may be just as unpalatable as 2016!

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

How do you know that owners haven't give permission? Seems unlikely. Unless it's federal land.

I don't and neither do you, But they lack eminent domain power and rights to federal or state owned land, That does not live them with very much at the border.

They are of course welcome to build anything they like on land they own as long as it adheres to local building codes. Where I live, without a variance walls are limited to 6ft high. 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

In explanation of this post I perhaps need to say it is in light of the attitude of those involved  in the exercise and those who condone it  without reserve.

The US has  a very well documented capacity within the "enforcement" e.stablishment of committing acts of unprovoked lethal action. In this instance I suspect there will be ample opportunity  for lethal abuse. That is not in denial of actions  committed  by those who wrongfully defy the debatable issue of legitimate  selection of policy.

If the world is presented  with a genuine head count  of those snared in this public "crackdown"  will it  be a global  nationality or a pre-selected biased sample in support of  current  policy intent?

Antifa Terrorist shot dead by police in Oregon after he tried to fire bomb ICE facility. https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/antifa-member-killed-by-police-after-opening-fire-on-officers-video/#axzz5tfcT1bVn

This on the heels of Democratic protesters vandalizing American Flag and putting a Mexican Flag up at another ICE facility. https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-protestors-rip-down-american-flag-at-ice-facility-raise-mexico-flag-vandalize-blue-lives-matter-flag

Dems are really showing their true colors. Trump has a way of drawing people out. 

great news illegal alien influx down by 29 % thks to efforts of security measurements at the southern border acc. to fox news alert jessy waterford show 14719. same show a report was on about a detention center illegals get snacks, 3 meals a day, showers, medical care, mattress erc....why dont obtain homeless us citizens the same comfort ???

wbr

roobaa01

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

great news illegal alien influx down by 29 % thks to efforts of security measurements at the southern border acc. to fox news alert jessy waterford show 14719. same show a report was on about a detention center illegals get snacks, 3 meals a day, showers, medical care, mattress erc....why dont obtain homeless us citizens the same comfort ???

wbr

roobaa01

What was the #s before Donald?thats right it was way down and the ones in detention aren’t beeing treated well but I think you know that allready 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:22 AM, bristolboy said:

The question EdWinchester was addressing is why would these people turn themselves in now that they've been warned by Trump. Not whether or not the USA should let them in. 

On 7/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, PremiumLane said:

Here is an idea, stop backing and instigating right wing coups in Central America, such as Hondouras. And before you start bleating 'butttt that was Obama', yep aware of that, so America should stop backing these coups and causing sh$t in other countries. 

And for those so pleased about stuff like this, the way the world is heading, remember you are an immigrant at the moment, one new law and you might be illegal too. 

"one new law and you might be illegal too."

No I wouldn't. I'd comply with the law and be on the next airplane out of here.

9 hours ago, usviphotography said:

Antifa Terrorist shot dead by police in Oregon after he tried to fire bomb ICE facility. https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/antifa-member-killed-by-police-after-opening-fire-on-officers-video/#axzz5tfcT1bVn

This on the heels of Democratic protesters vandalizing American Flag and putting a Mexican Flag up at another ICE facility. https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-protestors-rip-down-american-flag-at-ice-facility-raise-mexico-flag-vandalize-blue-lives-matter-flag

Dems are really showing their true colors. Trump has a way of drawing people out. 

Really? The article about the guy who was killed went into great detail about how he was shot at the middle school his daughter attended. Apparently, there was some kind of custody dispute between him and his wife. Absolutely nothing to do with ICE. Why did you post such a transparent lie? Were you counting on no one to follow the link?

9 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

They would, if they'd go south of the border and burn all their identification, then jump the fence and turn themselves in. When questioned by the border patrol, keep repeating "No habla Ingles." So there you go....three hots and a cot.

13 hours ago, bristolboy said:

How do you know that owners haven't give permission? Seems unlikely. Unless it's federal land.

I didn't know the border could be privately held. I thought it was the nation's border, meaning all citizens.

Just now, Uptooyoo said:

I didn't know the border could be privately held. I thought it was the nation's border, meaning all citizens.

There are plenty of Americans who own land right up to and including the border. One of the reasons Trump's all is so unpopular in that part of the world is for precisely that reason.

16 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

Families can minimize family trauma by not dragging their kids thousands of miles to violate our laws.

There are reports that kids are for sale to those forming fake families at the border. They know how to work the system and how to get sympathy from the left wing morons running the media.

Exactly.  Most of the illegals learn that amnesty / asylum is the best way if they cannot come in legally.  Stats show that over 75% are coming in for economic reasons - not for fear of persecution as news plays up.

Even a hundred+ years ago when many of the Irish and Italians immigrated to the USA there was a quota.

Heck, during the late 30's and early 40's america only let in a small number of Jews, and they were definitely being persecuted as we all know.   "Many who sought a safe haven from persecution during the 1930s and 1940s found their efforts thwarted by the United States’ restrictive immigration quotas and the complicated, demanding requirements for obtaining visas"   https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/immigration-to-the-united-states-1933-41

28 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Even a hundred+ years ago when many of the Irish and Italians immigrated to the USA there was a quota.

No, not really. The 1921 Emergency Quota act was created mainly to keep Jews from Eastern Europe out of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Quota_Act

The act tied levels of immigration to the current ethnic makeup back then of the USA. So Northern European immigrants were favored. The Irish should have had no problem getting into the USA since their main waves of immigration happened earlier. There were earlier immigration quotas established. They were quite openly racist.

3 hours ago, Uptooyoo said:

Families can minimize family trauma by not dragging their kids thousands of miles to violate our laws.

There are reports that kids are for sale to those forming fake families at the border. They know how to work the system and how to get sympathy from the left wing morons running the media.

It's called asylum~that's why they come~it doesn't matter if they are a family or not ???? it is a government program.

Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:

• Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion

If you are eligible for asylum you may be permitted to remain in the United States. To apply for Asylum, file a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, within one year of your arrival to the United States. There is no fee to apply for asylum.

If you don't understand, you can ask your teacher to explain it to you

The headline is wrong.

This isn't a crackdown on "immigrant families". Not in the slightest.  Nor is is a random search for all illegal aliens. It is an enforcement of court ordered deportation notices. These are people who have had their day(s) in court, enjoyed due process, and have been ordered to leave the US. In spite of this, they haven't left. It's only logical to round them up and give them the boot.

If they were smart, they would have made arrangements for any family members left behind.  I mean, you can't just waltz into someone else's country and expect there to be no consequences.  The purpose of announcing was to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who is in similar circumstances. You SHOULDN'T feel comfortable living where you are not legally permitted. By announcing, the government encourages many illegals to voluntarily go home. After all, they may be next.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Another election promise about to be fulfilled.

I just wanted to point out that it's 8:30 Monday morning on the east coast and the "election promise" has yet to be fulfilled.  I don't suppose this will bother you in the slightest, though.  If not following through on all those other promises didn't shake your faith, I suppose nothing will.

TDS indeed.

Numerous off-topic, troll posts and those containing information which is false or factually incorrect have been removed along with replies.  

This is not about asylum laws, procedures or anything other than the crackdown on immigrants with a order of deportation.  

On 7/14/2019 at 4:32 AM, Redline said:

How do you know?

Common sense and casual observation on the state of "news" "reporting". 

First, nobody was saying that families are being targeted except liberal or obviously bias media/social media with an interest in churning the sheeple for clicks.    And it wasn't being regurgitated universally by all of them, so they aren't all on the same page - as if they had any objective credibility to begin with, which they don't.   

Second, US Gov really doesn't work that way and, in this (and most) other cases, they have, on multiple occassions, said who it is they are targeting.  It's not "families", although that's not saying families won't be impacted.  As if being in a family somehow makes one immune to the law and law enforcement.  It doesn't.

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

First, nobody was saying that families are being targeted except liberal or obviously bias media/social media with an interest in churning the sheeple for clicks.    And it wasn't being regurgitated universally by all of them, so they aren't all on the same page - as if they had any objective credibility to begin with, which they don't.   

Second, US Gov really doesn't work that way and, in this (and most) other cases, they have, on multiple occassions, said who it is they are targeting.  It's not "families", although that's not saying families won't be impacted.  As if being in a family somehow makes one immune to the law and law enforcement.  It doesn't.

Not true.   Under Obama there was a case manager for families who had a member with a deportation order.   The case manager had final authority to go ahead with removal.   Whether or not a removal occurred had to do with what impact it would have on the family.   If they planned to proceed, then measures were taken to insure the children not being deported had proper care, such as with one parent remaining, with relatives etc..   The goal, in part, was to make sure that deportation did not have a big negative on a US citizen.   

Trump eliminated this program in 2017.   

Now, anyone, regardless of the impact on a family is up for deportation.  Obama was criticized for his firm stance on illegal immigration, but he largely dodge the scrutiny of the press because he wasn't generally ripping families apart.   News media, both local and national, get a lot of mileage out of those stories.   So single were high on the list, criminals (even if they were a part of family) were high on the list.   

Trumps policies have been much more harmful to family integrity and do not take the best interest of children who are US citizens into consideration.   

Some of this information can be gleaned from this link.   It's not comprehensive but gives some background:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/immigration-ice-raids-operation

18 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Fascinating!  I'm not sure common sense should be quoted in regards to anything about Trump, as he has little, and half of what he spouts are lies.  I know the world is against you, every news outlet lies, except for Fox.  More likely than not, the others will likely will not bow to the "alternative realty" mindset, but base reporting on facts, not without bias, but based on facts at least. 

3 minutes ago, Redline said:

Fascinating!  I'm not sure common sense should be quoted in regards to anything about Trump, as he has little, and half of what he spouts are lies.  I know the world is against you, every news outlet lies, except for Fox.  More likely than not, the others will likely will not bow to the "alternative realty" mindset, but base reporting on facts, not without bias, but based on facts at least. 

I didn't mention Trump.  And I wouldn't, but I'm not surprirsed you seized upon that and went off into a rant.

Given the way you posed your wanna-be clever question to me earlier - how do I know they AREN'T targeting familes? -  it's fair now that I pose the same to you.  How do you know they are?  Or were? 

Do you have some special, G-14 classified DHS/CBP/ICE info you care to share here that NYT didn't?  So you're the guy with the secret info?  A guy in Thailand on some douche bag expat forum?  LOL!

We are days past this liberal MSM screaming headline.  No "familes" being targeted. 

Get a grip, vato.

17 hours ago, Credo said:

Not true.   Under Obama there was a case manager for families who had a member with a deportation order.   The case manager had final authority to go ahead with removal.   Whether or not a removal occurred had to do with what impact it would have on the family.   If they planned to proceed, then measures were taken to insure the children not being deported had proper care, such as with one parent remaining, with relatives etc..   The goal, in part, was to make sure that deportation did not have a big negative on a US citizen.   

Trump eliminated this program in 2017.   

Now, anyone, regardless of the impact on a family is up for deportation.  Obama was criticized for his firm stance on illegal immigration, but he largely dodge the scrutiny of the press because he wasn't generally ripping families apart.   News media, both local and national, get a lot of mileage out of those stories.   So single were high on the list, criminals (even if they were a part of family) were high on the list.   

Trumps policies have been much more harmful to family integrity and do not take the best interest of children who are US citizens into consideration.   

Some of this information can be gleaned from this link.   It's not comprehensive but gives some background:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/immigration-ice-raids-operation

Thanks.  Buzzfeed isn't something I care to indulge in.  I'll stick to CNN and MSNBC when I need my fix of BS. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:49 AM, 55Jay said:

Thanks.  Buzzfeed isn't something I care to indulge in.  I'll stick to CNN and MSNBC when I need my fix of BS. 

You're free to fact check it.   Perhaps the police report would sooth your nerves?   

Archived