Bank letter for money in bank method

Sorry for this dumb question. So recently opened 2 bank accounts. Put 600k in FD and 200k+ in savings a/c. Same bank. So on the day I apply for extension and visit bank at CW, I will require 2 separate statements from bank? Also a further clarification re update and activity. I know what's required for the savings ac. I normally just deposit 100baht. As for FD ac.... the minimum deposit is 1000. Anyone using FD can advice me what they do regarding "activity on the day". CW have insisted on this in my past experience using savings ac only.

Thanks in advance.

- in the past, I have had three bank accounts listed in one letter. I don't think Immigration cares if you will provide one letter or two

- with regard to fixed-term deposits, I have never been asked to show activity on the day. Immigration does though normally require that your bank letter be no older than one business day prior. I think some banks can do a "forced update" on fixed deposits, though in my case, a current letter stating that the balance stated in the bank book remains on deposit has always been accepted.

• Thanks 1

1. You can get both accounts listed in the same letter and probably best to do so to minimize confusion and ensure Imm looks t=at the 2 balances in tandem.

2. I had an issue recently trying to get an update to my Kasikorn FD, bank said could not do, Imm wanted an updated bank book as well as the Imm letter..

I have since heard from others that it is possible for them to do something called a "zero credit transaction" AKA a "balance forward transaction" which will cause the bankbook to print out the current date showing the balance. May have to call the HQ and have them explain to the teller what this is and how to do it.

Let me know how it goes.

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Kasikorn.

According to reports Kasikorn can't update passbooks automatically with either a deposit or withdrawal taking place on the day.

For a Savings account this isn't a problem, deposit 100 baht.

For a Fixed Deposit account this is more complex and according to reports you have to request a 'zero' credit to the account to force an update (in branch).

No such problem at BKK where the automated ATM's will simply bring the balance forward to the current date.

As already mentioned, you can request both account details are incorporated on one letter.

Bangkok bank do this and charge 100 baht for the letter.

I assume KK will do the same.

• Thanks 1

Another way to update the balance in a fixed-term acct. is to deposit B 1000, which I think is the reguired minimum deposit at most Thai banks. And, I suppose you could also withdraw B 1000, as long as your remaining balance would still be above the minimum required by Immigration.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:23 AM, Tanoshi said:

According to reports Kasikorn can't update passbooks automatically with either a deposit or withdrawal taking place on the day.

For a Savings account this isn't a problem, deposit 100 baht.

For a Fixed Deposit account this is more complex and according to reports you have to request a 'zero' credit to the account to force an update (in branch).

No such problem at BKK where the automated ATM's will simply bring the balance forward to the current date.

As already mentioned, you can request both account details are incorporated on one letter.

Bangkok bank do this and charge 100 baht for the letter.

I assume KK will do the same.

Do you need the letter or will a copy of the bank book suffice or ATM slip?