OVERTAKEN (in a Petrol station)

mercman24

why are thais so dam impatient, ok,  we all see them jumping traffic lights, think they can beat a train at a crossing, anyhow today i was about to queue for petrol and this dick shot in front of me, (yes he understood english) lol ( a mans lower appendish was mentioned) anyhow the pump area was coned off, so i slid right, and was in and out, now the funny bit, the guy at the front of the left lane has a sidecar, and he was filling up loads of jerry cans with petrol, i bet i was well on my way home before this jerk got served, just another funny day from Thailand

Pulled into a petrol station when I first moved to Thailand. As I waited patiently for the person in front of me, a large Thai guy on a scooter swept into the station and positioned himself in front of my car. I leaned out of the window and pointed out to him that I was next in the queue. He turned round, jabbed his finger in his chest and shouted angrily at me, "I Thai!". I quickly replied to him, "I farang, now <deleted> off." Which he did, muttering under his breath.

I have found the same thing happens in gas stations as in the so called Express lanes at Big C. If there are 2 or more pumps or tills, they want to queue at each individually, and are too impatient to stand in a single line waiting for one to become available. I have even had them bypass me as I stood at the line at passport control, to go stand right up the rear end of the person being dealt with.

It is a obsession with self, and ignorance to others. 

I use the same Patrol station all the time for both my Pick-up and Motorbikes .I usually drop a 5 or 10 baht tip .It didn't take long to train the Gas monkeys a new trick.

Every time I now pull in  there's a mad frenzied arm waving session of all of the attendants. 

I know some of you " Moaning Minnie's" will be saying you shouldn't "Tip"  But  it's a personal choice and it works for me  ????

12 hours ago, petemoss said:

Pulled into a petrol station when I first moved to Thailand. As I waited patiently for the person in front of me, a large Thai guy on a scooter swept into the station and positioned himself in front of my car. I leaned out of the window and pointed out to him that I was next in the queue. He turned round, jabbed his finger in his chest and shouted angrily at me, "I Thai!". I quickly replied to him, "I farang, now f*** off." Which he did, muttering under his breath.

Of course I agree with your reaction, I would most probably have said that same, but your sentence could easily have ended "and he pulled a gun and threatened (shot) me" and I ended up in hospital".  They are lunatics, often fuelled by drugs and/or drink. despite my normal nature, I do try to remain calm when I meet idiots like that.  Jai yen yen is a phrase my wife tells me several times a day. 

The other day I was in 7-11. I was putting money on my phone and also buying some items. I try to be as quick as possible but it was a transaction that was going to take 60 seconds, maybe 75. The guy behind me was hopping around, obviously impatient. I got halfway through my transactions and then said to the cashier, "No, let this guy go first. He looks like he is in a hurry." This, of course, mucked up the whole process as I was halfway through. It also caused another 20 seconds of delay to the hopper. Both the cashier and the hopper agreed I should finish my transaction. The hopper stopped hopping. Rather than confronting, which as one poster stated, can definitely lead to escalation due to drink and drugs, sometimes it is better to point out what you observe and suggest a wacky solution. They then see the absurdity of their behaviour and paucity of their manners.

Thai's are slowly learning how to queue,all banks have

ticket machines,and most, roped off queue lines,when

i first came here in was like a rugby scrum,trying to

get your bankbook into the basket in front of the cashier 

it used to be the same in the Post Office.

regards Worgeordie

17 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

There is rarely any sort of queue when I pull into service stations here. In fact I am often the only customer. What am I doing wrong?

Drive in the exit, that might liven things up and pull up to the pump with your fuel cap on the wrong side !!!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I have even had them bypass me as I stood at the line at passport control, to go stand right up the rear end of the person being dealt with.

I have found Chinese and Indians far worse for playing that little game.

14 hours ago, petemoss said:

Pulled into a petrol station when I first moved to Thailand. As I waited patiently for the person in front of me, a large Thai guy on a scooter swept into the station and positioned himself in front of my car. I leaned out of the window and pointed out to him that I was next in the queue. He turned round, jabbed his finger in his chest and shouted angrily at me, "I Thai!". I quickly replied to him, "I farang, now <deleted> off." Which he did, muttering under his breath.

You're not related to Ronnie Pickering by any chance?

I was just at KFC the only one  there and waiting to be served when a Chinese/Thai woman walked up behind me to the service line and said her order to the girl .I turned and said "Wait! I'm first" to the bitch ,and then placed my order in Thai loudly to the girl serving .The girl said "Yes" ,then served the bitch first "<deleted> it!" I said and walked away from the counter while telling the bitch she was no good and very bad mannered . Cutting my nose off to spite my face? Yes, but ,I've spent half my time on and off

here for 20 yrs and I STILL can't get used to the self entitled attitude they have in queues and on the road.

13 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

I was just at KFC the only one  there and waiting to be served when a Chinese/Thai woman walked up behind me to the service line and said her order to the girl .I turned and said "Wait! I'm first" to the bitch ,and then placed my order in Thai loudly to the girl serving .The girl said "Yes" ,then served the bitch first "<deleted> it!" I said and walked away from the counter while telling the bitch she was no good and very bad mannered . Cutting my nose off to spite my face? Yes, but ,I've spent half my time on and off

here for 20 yrs and I STILL can't get used to the self entitled attitude they have in queues and on the road.

Good for you. I would have just walked away without paying as well. 

Archived