OVERTAKEN (in a Petrol station)

mercman24

5 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Multiply that by Few hundred thousand. Is that one of the many reasons tourism might be down? 

Yep!

Along with a few other reasons. 

And combined with certain other nationalities 'it's a jungle out there!'

Most places in the world have changed for the worse in my life time.

Don't get me started lol.

On 7/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, BobBKK said:

They want to win, at all costs, that's Thais for you and they don't care if you were first and in front as this would never enter their consciousness.

Hasn’t worked for them in Formula 1 or Moto GP!!

Whats up guys not enough accidents lately to get your daily dose of Thai bashing in. Afew of you just have too much time on your hands. Been living here for around 10 years driving a car and riding a bike cannot remember once of being jumped in front of. I guess the folks up in CM have a better disposition

On 7/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, BobBKK said:

They want to win, at all costs, that's Thais for you and they don't care if you were first and in front as this would never enter their consciousness.

That said they have an election stolen , a sh**tshow at the top when once they had love and rising prices getting a few small 'wins' over the farang pumps up their balls now and again is a small price to pay to stay in their country. I'm never in a hurry when I'm there so if anything like this happens I let it go with a smile and an inward thought of thank god I don't have their life - mai bpen rai.  

I have just had the "pleasure" of driving from Chiang Mai up to Chiang Rai and back twice in two days. There are a couple of sections with some horrific roadworks (Route 118) - You would not believe the impatience displayed on these section, blind overtaking, three vehicles abreast fighting to get passed each other, I have seen nothing like it before. It was a shit fest, talk about stress, then into the bargain you have the average Thai driver, the one who can do 120kmh on a straight piece of road but has to slow down to 40kmh every time he hits a bend or an oncoming vehicle appears. They really are complete <deleted> on the roads, it amazes me that the entire route is not strewn with dead bodies and wrecked cars. Hats off to the Kamikaze coach drivers going up that route and trying to keep to a schedule, it is like something out of Death Race 2000 - If you are too young to remember that movie, go look it up! I did feel sorry for a few of the foreign tourists heading either up or down that route on their hired scooters, merrily plodding along, totally unaware as to the gates of hell they were about to enter, some were getting an unplanned shower from some of these water trucks that were chugging along up and down turning dust into slippery mud on very steep gradients, not something I would like to try going two up on a Honda Wave with flat balding tyres and absolutely no experience of driving a motorcycle in my life. The photo is a quiet section where I was able to use the camera and drive at the same time, I can do weddings, funerals and other photo shoots for the right price!

vlcsnap-2019-07-15-19h04m15s347.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-07-15-19h07m28s118.jpg

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

What really annoys me, and happens a lot, is when Thais go down the turn right lane at traffic lights, thus jumping the queue to go forward, then push into the go forward lane when the lights change.

Try it, it's fun ????

11 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Try it, it's fun ????

I go up the inside if someone is in the turn right lane, then we have a 4 abreast drag race off the line... Tbh the average Thai, even the ones who think they are F1 drivers, have the reaction speed of a Jamaican tortoise so it's an easy move to slip back across to the fast lane after the lights go green ????

On 7/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, NormanW said:

Unbelievable. Yep most can't wait for a second. It's a strange mentality alright!

Thais can do whatever they want ,,, they feel that they are above any other race and law,,,,

I was standing in line at departing Immigration here some years ago when a very tall well built Japanese guy stepped into the line in front of me as it moved. I was not only annoyed by that but also by the fact that he turned to his other 'team members' in the next line and gave a small bow, they all laughed. So I waited until the Immig. officer called him forward to the window and as he moved off I stepped on the back of his shoe and it came off. He stopped to recover it and I passed him by and went to the window. When I was finished at the window I turned gave a small bow and smile to the other team. I felt good about that all the way to Australia. 

Never forget that old age and treachery will defeat youth and exuberance.

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I go up the inside if someone is in the turn right lane, then we have a 4 abreast drag race off the line... Tbh the average Thai, even the ones who think they are F1 drivers, have the reaction speed of a Jamaican tortoise so it's an easy move to slip back across to the fast lane after the lights go green ????

Yes, works for me too. When the light changes green, I'm moving and wondering what they all waiting for. After 500 meters I'm already more than 450 meters ahead. I'm not in anyone's way and have a free track.

1 minute ago, Khunangkaro said:

Yes, works for me too. When the light changes green, I'm moving and wondering what they all waiting for. After 500 meters I'm already more than 450 meters ahead. I'm not in anyone's way and have a free track.

Just be super alert for the possibility of the red light jumpers coming from other directions and it's game on...

14 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just be super alert for the possibility of the red light jumpers coming from other directions and it's game on...

Nice to see you... Not crash...

get a similar thing in the UK, sometimes I am only going to get the van washed so I pull up short of the car was and not block it because there maybe someone parked at the pumps paying for fuel and buying a car wash token at the same time, yet often some jerk will pull up blocking the entrance and then go and purchase a token thereby jumping the queue.    

36 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

A very selfish society 

Try getting your luggage down on any Air China flight.  Most Asians think if they can cut you up, they are shrewd.  Plant an elbow in their chest and watch them cry victim......????

When I take the BTS or MRT it's always older women that cut the queue and stand in front of the doors to board first. I always kneecap them. : )

I tip the servers in a bar and they let me know when there is new talent. Human nature.

Archived