cameroon sheep in Thailand

Anyone has experience with Cameroon sheep's in Thailand? The breed should fit well to the climate, don't have thick wool coat and because coming from Africa shall have no difficulties with the climate.

A Friend in Europe has a herd over years and I had several times the pleasure to join for a nice roast or BBQ, the taste is very nice.

I wonder if it is possible to get Cameroon sheep's in Thailand, I would have enough land to keep and feed a small herd. Anybody has experience or can point me to where to get a pair?

cheers, charly

Follow post now, so please update us how it goes. 

What do they feed on? We have young trees, flowers, and soon vegetables, and 3 different kind of grass. 

Would electric fence keep them in place, and not brake out? 

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, Latis said:

Are Cameroon sheep available in Thailand?

I would say no, Thai's are not in to sheep ,goats are becoming popular ,they are a few goat farms near here ,and one has a few sheep as well .

I would say the only way to make money would to go the breeding way ,selling ewe lambs and ram lambs on for breeding stock .

Along with goat meat it would only be the muslims that would buy mutton/lamb.

4 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I would say no, Thai's are not in to sheep ,goats are becoming popular ,they are a few goat farms near here ,and one has a few sheep as well .

I would say the only way to make money would to go the breeding way ,selling ewe lambs and ram lambs on for breeding stock .

Along with goat meat it would only be the muslims that would buy mutton/lamb.

There was a Thai guy in Chiang Mai  a few years ago who was caught shagging a goat.

Archived