Starting a small internet based business in Thailand - is it possible?

Afternoon!

I've come up with a business idea that I think could work quite well.  All it requires is a website.  It connects people who have something with people who need something. And its not been done here yet.  I know, there could be a reason why - but also, it could just be a long missed opportunity.  

Costs wise, to start this up would require very little.  I could start it all for less than £100.  If the website got really busy it may need better hosting one day, but that's far down the line.  The risk to me financially is virtually nothing at this point - but are there any added costs that I need to think about?   I think I will go down the 51/49 with my partner to get it registered.  No need for Thai bashing, I'm aware of the risks and read it all before on here.  If things go tits up its not really going to affect me or change anything financially.  But if it works out it could be a good little earner.

What do I need to consider and think about? Thanks

Without further details it's hard to say, but whose going to build this website and how tech will it need to be ? 

Whose going to monitor it and service the responses to whatever happens on there etc, or it it totally automated.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived