Big spending Indians keeping Thai tourism afloat, says media

rooster59

On 7/14/2019 at 7:49 PM, Isaan sailor said:

Instead of touting and pinning their hopes on an ethnic group du jour—just drop the damned baht about 10%. 

A little mixed up fella.  Baht is not high the pound and Aussie dollar are low.  You'd have to raise the pound and Aussie dollar.  American dollar is OK but Americans don't like the Russians, Chinese and people from India so they won't be back.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

My factual comments are pathetic?

The British abolished all the disgusting practices in the Indian Subcontinent  including burning widows on the husband's funeral pyre (Sutee).

British enterprise built modern India.

Very true. English law has been the cornerstone of prosperity throughout the world. Common law prevails in many of her former colonies to this day. Without English law the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Canada, and Malaysia, among others, would not have had the framework to become the prosperous nations they are today. It's become fashionable lately to emphasize the injustices of the past while turning a blind eye to the progress of humanity.  Misdeeds can be found during the rise of any global empire, whether it be the English, Romans, Spanish, French, Ottomans, Mongols, and lately, the American Empire. Despite that, I would not have wanted to live in a world without the positive influences of both English law and its principle consequence, the United States' constitution; two of the most brilliant legal structures that made possible the rise of the most dynamic, creative nations on earth, whose inventions preempted us all from the fate of our ancestors: a back-breaking life of scarcity and hard labour; a sweaty, disease-ridden life of pain and suffering.

I remember this everytime I dash down to the 7-Eleven on a typical sweltering day. After the initial shock of glacial-air hits me, I do what Kings of a century ago could not do for all the gold in Thailand: I buy an ice-cold six-pack of beer.  Thanks England!...America too.

Archived