Jump to content
BANGKOK
ghworker2010

Where's the best place to buy sunglasses in Thailand?

Recommended Posts

If I want to buy a real pair of rayban sunnies where should I go. 

 

In places like 'Central festival' can I presume higher prices bc they have huge rents to pay?

 

In Robinsons they have the smaller sunglass shops. Are they real or from China?

 

Any problem with fakes in either of these 2 options?

 

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of the big malls and you will pay the going rate for genuine Raybans or any other designer brand. Expect to pay upwards of 3,500. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I THINK most brand names are made in China or off shore  some where

not dissing quality  of genuine brands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luxxotica controls the country and regional MSRPs quite dilligently.

 

Other than VAT back, you won't see much price difference. Maybe the odd sale here and there to control inventory but even that is frowned upon.

 

Ray-Ban does have a flagship store on Lazada. Some SKUs 20% off.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaiyen said:

Big C do fantastic Polaroid glasses for 300 Baht. I have been using them for years. When I am flying my plane I have found them better than Ray Bans.

Never flew with anything but Ray Bans, clearer and sharper than anything else I could buy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray Bans, overrated and grossly overpriced. 

Just paying for a name.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend Mangos. They are polarized. Look cool. MBK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Ray Bans, overrated and grossly overpriced. 

Just paying for a name.

Not true they are one of the only glasses with glass instead of plastic (with the added danger). Yes they are expensive, but look damn nice.

 

Wait for one of the sales to get 30-50% off.

 

One of my pairs the glass broke after standing on them and had to have the lens replaced. Had the most expensive polarized lens I could find and not even close to the quality of rayban

 

Edited by elcaro
Added experience I had
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jonnapat said:

Ray Bans, overrated and grossly overpriced. 

Just paying for a name.

Nonsense they are first choice for aviators and not because tom cruise looked cool in them in top gun. They do a fantastic job at cutting out glare

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Tukcom Pattaya 39 b.

15630802571997800344520013300249.jpg

You beat me to it!

I usually buy about 3 or 4 pairs there - some of them might be fake Rayban or other designer labels, others are just unbranded but they all do the same job. I've found them to be good for driving in as well. When I break or lose them - don't care! Having said that, I'm presently using a pair that has lasted well over 2 years.

If you prefer polarized ones, they have those for about 100Baht as I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Ray Bans, overrated and grossly overpriced. 

Just paying for a name.

I'm guessing that 20% (ish) of the cost is for the name, the other 80% is because they are very good and provide the right level of protection.  There is a reason that they are the number one choice for most aviators and mariners and have a US contract to provide sun glasses to combat aviators and troops.  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...