Hua Hin Hospital service

Chazar

I'm pretty  critical  of  Thailand and today was the first time I had to use a  hospital here in over 10  years........

I cut  my leg quite badly this afternoon at 4 pm, Im 30 km from the hospital, got my staff to drive me there whilst I  mopped up the  blood, on arrival I was  seen instantly, wound cleaned and sewn up, tetanus and off i went  30  minutes after arriving, asked if i wanted an x  ray and tetanus but as leg was ok declined the x  ray but nice to be asked anyway. 

Nothing but praise for the staff there 1100 baht incredible, dont know why the govt dont dump the stupid  rubbish insurance idea  and  just let Farangs pay for Thai govt  hospitals.

Thoroughly  recommend them cant rate them highly enough, this is NOT Bangkok Hospital or San Paulo.

Now wheres  the go-fund me website?

Don't let the affordability of this lull you into complacency.

It is quite possible to run up bills in excess of 1 million baht at government hospitals

The government in no way prevents farangs for paying for government hospitals but many farangs are unable to pay for serious illness/accident care even at  govt hospitals.

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Don't let the affordability of this lull you into complacency.

It is quite possible to run up bills in excess of 1 million baht at government hospitals

The government in no way prevents farangs for paying for government hospitals but many farangs are unable to pay for serious illness/accident care even at  govt hospitals.

Id  be  ok  shelling out a  million in an emergency, I dont want forced insurance which appears to be useless  anyway, I always keep  money aside for "what if" scenarios.

16 hours ago, Chazar said:

Id  be  ok  shelling out a  million in an emergency, I dont want forced insurance which appears to be useless  anyway, I always keep  money aside for "what if" scenarios.

Unfortunately many do not/cannot.

You should have applied pressure to the wound to try to stem the flow of blood during transport and an xray could have been a good idea if the cut was deep to make sure you didn't nick the bone and have a bone fragment in the wound.

Kudos on the tetanus shot.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

You should have applied pressure to the wound to try to stem the flow of blood during transport and an xray could have been a good idea if the cut was deep to make sure you didn't nick the bone and have a bone fragment in the wound.

Kudos on the tetanus shot.

Tis but a scratch  

20190714_155114.jpg

Archived