TM 30 Obligations

Apologies if already answered - did try to look for a solution.  

Have been abroad for several months and am flying back to BKK in a couple days and will stay at my own condo. Have recently seen several messages re the TM 30.  Now wondering:

- do I need to file the TM 30 on arrival, even if staying in my own apt?

- if yes, can I do this on-line? (if so, what is the link?)

- if not possible on-line, what do I need to do?

Thanks and grateful for any help.

RS

As Jack said, there is enough (too many) threads on this, shouldn't be difficult to find your answers.

Anyway, in short: in principle you must file/update your TM30. In practice, you probably will be asked for it only if you need to interact with Immigration during your stay. For example, if you want to extend your visa or extension. Reversely, if you are e.g. a tourist for a month and don't plan to go to immigration before leaving, it's ok to skip it.

You didn't say if you already filed a TM30 (registration) before, the answers depend on that. If not, go to immigration and do it, with your passport, yellow book, TM6. If yes, you can apply for user/password to do future updates online here  . This is known to take some time, so you might still have to go in person this time.

The fine for not having done the TM30 has been reported between 800 and 2000 THB, depending on the office, the officer, and which side of the bed he woke up in the morning.

arithai12, I take my hat off to you. You took time to type detailed and correct reply. I'm a grumpy old man. 

Other members will have better understanding reading your post. As you pointed out...so much depends on your "status" in los. Tourist visa...non o.. .etc..etc. Also which office your dealing with and reason for visit.

I just took chill pill. AKA rum/coke.

Thanks for the replies.  Really not at all easy to find what is happening on this subject - too much info, some of which is conflicting.  Maybe time for a "pinned" topic?

Anyway, I use CW immigration, have a "non-O" stay based on retirement (will go for renewal in Nov) and have never filed a TM30 registration.  Can I submit something at immig when I arrive BKK, or soon after?  Presume it will take some time for the registration to do on-line?  Also. I doubt I have the necessary docs with me as they are in BKK. 

thanks again, RS 

if you own the condo, you get to register yourself, with no landlord/owner involved.  lucky you.

collect the necessary papers as listed on other threads, send to the same address as for 90-day reports.  mail within 24 hours by EMS with a sase for the return receipt.

get set up with the online system so you can register online next time.

25 minutes ago, RickSee said:

Thanks for the replies.  Really not at all easy to find what is happening on this subject - too much info, some of which is conflicting.  Maybe time for a "pinned" topic?

Anyway, I use CW immigration, have a "non-O" stay based on retirement (will go for renewal in Nov) and have never filed a TM30 registration.  Can I submit something at immig when I arrive BKK, or soon after?  Presume it will take some time for the registration to do on-line?  Also. I doubt I have the necessary docs with me as they are in BKK. 

thanks again, RS 

There will not be pinned topic as various imm office have too many different requirements. 

You cannot submit "something at imm" at airport. You need submit tm30 within 24 hr upon return to your condo.

Online registration has many posts and include difficulty in registering. You can also do postal tm30. 

Or you can pay 800baht fine from no file tm30 upon your next visit to CW. Most likely for next extension. 

As I posted first up... this is all mentioned/discussed in zillion threads.