BANGKOK 16 July 2019 13:10
mercman24

FAILED breath test one beer

ok before you goody goodies chime in, i got stopped in Jomtien tonight, i had one small chang, i failed twice, cops says if i fail again it was the cop shop cell for the weekend  and maybe 20,000 fine, i was <deleted> livid, obviouly a rigged machine. next, but we can make this go away, go , to 7/11 get a drink, then the ATM get out 5000, drink the drink put money in it come back to police vehicle, hand over container. they had that off pat, i had no choice obviously. no way was i over by drinking half a pint of piss.

• Confused 1

if they do a proper blood test at the station, or hospital,

then its not a problem.

myself im not taking any chances, i take a taxi.

• Like 1

As eating Durian just before being tested, can set off the machine, or using Listerine mouthwash, I doubt that there was anything wrong with the it. 

READ POST 5, IT IS NOT A BREATHALYSER as such, , driving for 55 years, never come across this never seen a PROPER  BREATHALYSER they were after my money all along , i was CONNED GOOD AND PROPER

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

READ POST 5, IT IS NOT A BREATHALYSER as such, , driving for 55 years, never come across this never seen a PROPER  BREATHALYSER they were after my money all along , i was CONNED GOOD AND PROPER

Yeah the cops are getting worse here, have had equal bad experiences this year in bangkok. Even cops trying to steal out of a bag of my mate.

• Haha 1

I think the way forward is to suggest/insist on a blood test at a local hospital if you are in any doubt as to the accuracy of the machine used, does anyone believe that these machines are calibrated daily before use as they should be ?

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been drinking and driving, would it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been drinking and driving, would it?

Thailand has the same blood alcohol level as the EU which is 0.5 promille, nothing wrong with drinking a beer and driving.

Getting ripped off with a fake breath alcohol measuring device and jail time is however wrong, corruption is rampant.

You might as well say, if u didn't come to thailand you wouldn't have been ripped off.

1,2,3 and the thai apologist will storm this threaddddddddddddd...

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Would the OP be quite as upset if he blew well over the limit but only had to pay a 5000 baht "fine" to drive away?

• Like 1