BENZINE 95 Petrol Station in Phuket/Krabi

Eric Emir

Hi Everyone,

My name is Eric. Im from Malaysia. I need help and advise. Im driving my car that requires RON95 or Benzine 95. Been research that Thailand hard to find pure benzine 95 in Krabi or Phuket. Can anyone help me out to advise on which petrol pump on krabi and phuket that has pure benzine 95 at the station? 

Please help me. Im lost.

2 hours ago, jabis said:

Image result for phuket benzine 95

Yellow label is 95 RON Benzine ????
Orange one is E10 95 Gasohol

Red is 91 RON Benzine

2 hours ago, jabis said:

Yellow label is 95 RON Benzine ????
Orange one is E10 95 Gasohol

Red is 91 RON Benzine

Thanks Jabis. I appreciate it. God bless you.

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

No problem. I have some old Honda Cubs that need it, too. There are only a couple of places you can buy it on the whole island. Most PTT stations don't sell it, but, this one does, thankfully.

Hey Joe. OH YES. Im driving my SUV Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo that runs on a special ECU that requires minimum 95 Octane or else it will knock or jammed. OK, only one PTT has this benzine in Phuket? 

The bigger PTT stations usually have 95 Benzine. The one at Kathu bottom Patong Hill has it. One on Chaofa East just as enter Phuket town has it. I must use 95. No doubt PTTs to the north of island must have it. The Malaysian petrol chain have a station near the airport turn off. In the past I had to drive out there for a fill.

35 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

No problem. I have some old Honda Cubs that need it, too. There are only a couple of places you can buy it on the whole island. Most PTT stations don't sell it, but, this one does, thankfully.

Is your old username Karen Bravo?

He had some cubs if I remember. Haven't seen him in forever. 

21 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The bigger PTT stations usually have 95 Benzine. The one at Kathu bottom Patong Hill has it. One on Chaofa East just as enter Phuket town has it. I must use 95. No doubt PTTs to the north of island must have it. The Malaysian petrol chain have a station near the airport turn off. In the past I had to drive out there for a fill.

Hey you. Wow noted. I didnt know Malaysian petrol sells in Thailand. Ok I will make a way and to find it. My another concern is Benzine in Krabi. 

22 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, forgot about the Caltex station. Susco at the north end of the island and there is a PTT in Phuket Town that has it.

6 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, forgot about the Caltex station. Susco at the north end of the island and there is a PTT in Phuket Town that has it.

Thanks Joe. Yesterday I emailed Caltex, PTT, SUSCO, PT Energy to confirm and get the list. But they replied and update it is processing. 

I couldn't find which PTT at Chaofa on Google maps. Attached picture shows Yellow sign at PTT I found on google map near Chaofa East after enter phuket. Is this Benzine Joe?

BENZINE.png

2 minutes ago, beechbum said:

I only us Benzin in my bikes these days, doest deteriorate the rubber in the carbs like the other does 

Thats the main concern, my car is specially tuned to RON/BENZINE 97...and the lowest I can go is BENZINE 95.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, but it isn't pure benzine, it has gasohol added.

No Shell station anywhere stocks pure benzine.

?? and you know this how?   never had any trouble for the past 4 years driving all over the country and using wherever it says  95

10 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, but it isn't pure benzine, it has gasohol added.

No Shell station anywhere stocks pure benzine.

So, is there any pure Benzine 95 at any major PTT? The yellow is PURE  BENZINE 95 and Orange is BENZINE 95 + Ethanol right??

9 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

?? and you know this how?   never had any trouble for the past 4 years driving all over the country and using wherever it says  95

Hey Richard, can you do me a favor? God bless you if you help me. ???? Can you cross check with the Station on YELLOW 95 BENZINE, can you check with them is it pure benzine 100%? 
From what I been research, YELLOW 95 is pure benzine and Orange 95 Benzine + Ethanol. Can help me out here? 

@phuketrichard

Yes, that is correct.

A few years back, the Thai government announced that it was going to stop all pure benzine being sold in the country. Due to lots of people with older cars and motorbikes that could only run on benzine, this was quietly ignored by most of the fuel stations.........all except Shell, the industry's goody-two-shoes (in their own eyes) that stopped selling it completely.

11 minutes ago, Eric Emir said:

Hey Richard, can you do me a favor? God bless you if you help me. ???? Can you cross check with the Station on YELLOW 95 BENZINE, can you check with them is it pure benzine 100%? 
From what I been research, YELLOW 95 is pure benzine and Orange 95 Benzine + Ethanol. Can help me out here? 

I can confirm that Yellow is pure benzine with no gasohol added. I have already asked at the station.

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

@phuketrichard

Yes, that is correct.

A few years back, the Thai government announced that it was going to stop all pure benzine being sold in the country. Due to lots of people with older cars and motorbikes that could only run on benzine, this was quietly ignored by most of the fuel stations.........all except Shell, the industry's goody-two-shoes (in their own eyes) that stopped selling it completely.

I can confirm that Yellow is pure benzine with no gasohol added. I have already asked at the station.

Hi Joe, Thank you very much.God bless you! 

If you ever need help for Malaysia, let me know! 

57 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

It's correct, Shell do not stock it, ask for benzene at any Shell outlet and they'll tell you they don't have it.

3 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

I was talking about the new PTT station opposite the go cart place. Caltex used to sell 95 but not sure they have now. 

Edit - Susco is the Malaysian chain was talking about.

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

I use 95 and just about ever station in the COUNTRY carries it.

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

E95 dude, E95. Ethanol.

Different to Benzine 95.

As others have stated, not all PTT stations sell the (yellow) real petrol Benzin 95, and most garages ALL OVER THE COUNTRY do NOT stock it anymore.

23 minutes ago, beechbum said:

It's correct, Shell do not stock it, ask for benzene at any Shell outlet and they'll tell you they don't have it.

That is correct as on SHELL Thai website, it shows only with Gasohol only. no more GASOLINE BENZINE. We call it back in Malaysia RON95. The petrol RON95 is so expensive in Thailand. Malaysia is around USD 0.51 per liter and I thank God for that. again! ????

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Hi Joe, basically Caltex Thailand rep. replied me with names, location, address and coordinate. Theres one in Krabi and three in Phuket for Pure Benzine 95 aka RON 95. Just to share with you. ????

Screenshot_20190714-212246_Gmail.jpg

Archived