Work permit canceled

My buddie,s wife sister teaches English in Bangkok.  She is from the PI. Apparently she has the visa extension and the proper work permit with the school. However the school may be pulling the work permit. So the question is can she then stay in the country. Since she has the extension? My guess is that if the permit goes away technically so would the extension.  Any time limits here?

thanks

48 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So the question is can she then stay in the country. Since she has the extension? My guess is that if the permit goes away technically so would the extension.  Any time limits here?

You’re correct, the extension of stay ends on the day the job ends.

• Like 1

When a work permit is canceled nobody notifies immigration about it. She would have time to sort things out and have her extension canceled at immigration.

She would need a termination letter from her employer  to cancel her extension. If she went to immigration a few days before the date of termination they would post date it to that day to allow her time to leave the country.

• Like 2

Technically she will be on overstay from the next day. Practically, as UJ wrote, the WP cancellation is done at the city's labor department and the visa/extension is managed by immigration, and the two are not known to communicate immediately to each other. So, if she wants to take a little risk, she could in principle hang on a while.

• Like 2