Thailand keeping track of foreigners – the TM30 reporting form

rooster59

So, just to confirm I understood right. My condo office always does the tm30 when I arrive. They give me a copy with my name and date arrived on it. I put this copy in my passport. After 2 months I ask for an extension 30 days, this copy is accepted by Jomtien ?? 

In the past, the office have given me the copy, AND I have been to Jomtien and done it myself, and got the Notification slip stapled into my  passport !! So, I don’t need to go myself any moré  ??

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dcnx said:

Why are you assuming they care?

You’re looked at here as a criminal. That’s why they track your every move. That’s all you’ll ever be in Thailand. Now bow your head, wai deeply, and then get on the floor and prostrate yourself to a photo. 

Sorry I was not trained to do that as a kid I was tought to only bow to one thing and it wasn't a person

On 7/14/2019 at 11:28 AM, holy cow cm said:

And the racism gets even bigger. This seems a violation of human rights and in all honesty it should not be any of their right or concern where I go or what I do as long as I am law abiding. Don't check in but accept paying the fine when the time comes will probably be looked at as a reason for them to not renew your extension of stay. I travel a lot inside Thailand and find this is absurd as I own my own house with my wife. I certainly hope the USA turns around and does the same to all of the Green card Thai holders. Let them feel the pain too! Oh, to add, Green Card holders can work, so let's add all of the Thai who go to the USA. And let's add they check in every week or get fined.

Also green card holders can own property in the US

Thailand keeping track of tourists and expats!!!!

That's nice.

TAT still can't figure out why farang no's are declining.

Thailand is not a western country but they think they can act the same.

Keep this up and there will be no-one coming but hundreds of plain clothes police will be standing around in colour coded  jackets and Buddha amulets with nobody to harrass or extort money from.

They'll all end up unemployed and back working on the farm....ouch!

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:

Sorry, we're in Thailand and being polite is about the overall attitude you seem to lack. It includes many more things. But maybe you don't have a grasp of Thai culture and norms. These aren't things you learn in Pattaya.

I don't live in Pattaya I'm out in the sticks I treat the locals with respect and it seems like the people I interact with like me . 2 years and no problems

On 7/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, Beggar said:

After more than two decades here I start to give up. I am not clever enough to live in this country. I realize this now. 

Its actually simple.   when asking a question do not believe anyone at an office who tells you that you do not have to do something.   Keep asking until someone there tells you  YES,  you do have to do it.

Then do it and  1. you will not be fined      or 2.  after you submit it they will tell you it is not necessary

On 7/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, hotchilli said:

Another reason expats are getting fed up of this country... domestic travel should be allowed for either married or retired expats without the hassle of a TM 30 when you return to your own home inside Thailand.

Isn't the 90 days reporting enough ?

Well, in theory the 90 day reporting should be enough. But since it is not, it just tells us that their data-management sucks and is useless.

Basically we are 90 day reporting, just for them to have something to do.

28 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

I was told by local immigration only to report trips out of the country not local trips. If I travel out of the country they accept the TM30 by return mail. However not all offices are the same and you need to ask.

If you move within Thailand you need to report.

Exactly... Not all offices have the same requirements, which shows how stupid and unserious the whole thing is.

Personally, I travel a lot and having to report this each time would be impossible. No matter how much I tried, I would at some point be breaking the rules. So it is just a matter of fines which I will pay, when they throw them at me. 

After submitting my TM30 registration around 2 months ago and still not update on application status, I'm not expecting anything and dont want to take the trouble reporting in person everytime I come back from overseas trip.

Does anyone knows if the IO will check all your past TM30 reports during visa extension or only the latest one?

I have plans to go overseas a few times until my next extension.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 7:04 AM, rooster59 said:

If you’re an expat living permanently in Thailand and travel to other places within the country – any other address other than your usual home address – you need to inform immigration once you’ve returned.

Where exactly is this written in the actual law?

I studied the concerning laws and never found a point that forces the housemaster to report again in the case a foreinger who was already reported has to be reportet again if he returns to his usual home. Please, if there is anyone can point me to the law behind this, do it.

Archived