Thailand keeping track of foreigners – the TM30 reporting form

rooster59

1 hour ago, Fred white said:

I'm on a retirement visa so according to this when we go up North to visit our niece for a week I have to fill out one of these?

If you stay with your niece and she does not report you then I wouldn't worry about it.  

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a thai telephhone registered in your name ?. 

If so ,  your location can be traced and located .

Who,s  that knocking on my door ?,

Nothing to hide , nothing to fear...

3 hours ago, Fred white said:

I'm on a retirement visa so according to this when we go up North to visit our niece for a week I have to fill out one of these?

Yes. But actually your niece does. If some Thai or cop knows the rules and turns your niece in, then this is not good. This is the problem. We are already bonafide foreigners living here. Don't matter. 

33 minutes ago, elliss said:

Do you have a thai telephhone registered in your name ?. 

If so ,  your location can be traced and located .

Who,s  that knocking on my door ?,

Nothing to hide , nothing to fear...

So what is your point? It is only what you write that can come back and bite you in the arse. And even for now the easiest things may incite them. 

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Look next for mandatory GPS tracking device implanted at the base of the neck for all visas more than 30 days...the usual options will apply...accept the device or be gone!

Actually, look for many governments to begin implementing GPS tracking starting with illegal aliens...just a matter of time...for "national security" don't ya know...????

I take it you are not married?

18 hours ago, pookiki said:

I hope that the Thai government realizes that the need to report a 'new' TM30 after domestic travel will discourage expats from taking trips in Thailand in order to avoid the constant annoyance of his/her landlord.  The requirement for a TM30 'should' be waived for all persons required to do 90 day reports.

I'll have my GF get the room in her name. Then nobody knows I'm officially there. Except the GF of course.

19 hours ago, pookiki said:

I hope that the Thai government realizes that the need to report a 'new' TM30 after domestic travel will discourage expats from taking trips in Thailand in order to avoid the constant annoyance of his/her landlord.  The requirement for a TM30 'should' be waived for all persons required to do 90 day reports.

Why are you assuming they care?

You’re looked at here as a criminal. That’s why they track your every move. That’s all you’ll ever be in Thailand. Now bow your head, wai deeply, and then get on the floor and prostrate yourself to a photo. 

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

if Immigration do check, and you haven’t been doing the required reporting, then fines and other immigration problems will follow.

This was so pathetically predictable as we said all along..

The chances for one to hold an elite-visa for 20 years are close to Zero now...  Not a chance a TM30 will not be missed at some point, So now its just a question of time till some IO won't  like the look of you.

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

Hear, hear.  I thought the Government were trying to encourage visiting lesser known spots (like Issaan) to encourage tourism in non-famous areas?

No No No, The new Elites here do not want the Issan's population to be in contact with any 'western minds', They just want to keep them poor and ignorant as it perfectly fits their domination goals..

4 hours ago, balo said:

Never filled out the form , and never been asked to pay a fine, Jomtien immigration. 
10 years in Thailand.

Same here, but i got it two weeks ago as my visa was coming up.  Even doing my 90 reporting a few weeks ago they did not ask.  But it was the first thing they wanted to see when I was renewing my visa.  It's on!  Changwattana imm. must be making over 100K a day on TM30 fines....it is a goldmine.  It is actually going to police - they are the one issuing the 800 baht fine.

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

And the stupidest irony. If you return Tuesday you must report Wednesday or you'll be fined. BUT if you return Friday it can wait until Monday because they can't be arsed to staff up. Which goes to show it can all wait 72 hours. Which goes to show it really doesn't matter at all. Just another scam in Thailand.

The Erawan bombing happened on a Monday, so clearly it's only important to monitor people on weekdays. 

reread the intro to this post by Thaiger and listened to the video by Fab 103 three times, much contraditory info on tm30 issues between them.

i will go with my cr io instruction and posts such as tominbkk, reports of actual visits to imm.

also in the video are two other serious items.  ext. of stay using monthly income needs to be pension payments or timed to look one, and that pensions are taxable.

The talk of a nation wide database available to all three imm. police branches is chilling to me.

3 hours ago, Paulbuick1 said:

....It would be great if we could do this online on a phone app ...

I explained it already  in #33...
Just ask your housemaster for his password and a passport-copy!
Then you can make the TM30 on your mobile:

service38.jpg

OK, here's a question. 

I have two nephews coming from Germany in November. They were both born in Thailand but relocated at a young age to Germany. They are now German citizens. 

They will be here in November to become temporary monks. They will be here for about a month. They are going to enter the country on German passports. Part of the time before entering the temple to do what they need to for the monk-hood, they will be staying with us. Of course they will be staying at the temple when doing their studying after the ceremony. 

My question is. Is the temple suppose to notify immigration that two foreigners are staying at the temple? That they are becoming monks? Also, are we suppose to notify immigration that we have temporary guest in out house that are here to become monks? I am sure this sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to me, but what is the rule?

I have a condo in Nonthaburi, a house in Khorat, and a rented house in Phuket, I used to travel between them, never was requested to do a TM 30 or got a fine.
If they want to know about my locations, they can get this information from my GPS watch

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

On 7/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Look next for mandatory GPS tracking device implanted at the base of the neck for all visas more than 30 days...the usual options will apply...accept the device or be gone!

Actually, look for many governments to begin implementing GPS tracking starting with illegal aliens...just a matter of time...for "national security" don't ya know...????

That would actually be easier than trying to comply with the inconsistencies of the TM30 rules.

I visit other parts of Thailand on at least 30 occasion p.a. and also undertake at least 6 overseas trips p.a.  I (my missus) never report.

We have never been asked to pay a fine, but even at 1,600 Baht p.a. (whilst I have no desire to pay it) it only equates to the cost of 4 trips to Buriram immigration.

On summer holiday now so I am going to have to go to CW and try to do this and pay the fine (thankfully the landlord said take it from the rent next time).

Only problem I have realised is our rental contract is in my wife's name, so when I go to CW with my info, the landlords docs I can already foresee a stumbling block as the rental contract isn't in my name. 

22 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

In that case, I would simply not file a TM30 until I returned home for more than a few days or a week (since you stayed in hotels the whole time and the hotels are required to report your stay).

If the hotels you stayed in do not report your stay then that is on them and not you.  I stayed in a hotel in Bangkok for a couple of nights and went to my local IO after returning home to file a TM30 and was told that the hotel I stayed in did not report my stay so therefore I did not need to file a TM30 that time.  I asked how would I know if they report me or not and she just smiled and said "you won't".

I then asked if the hotel will be fined for not reporting my stay and they replied that they WOULD NOT be fined.  The Officer stated that hotels don't always report foreigners only staying for 1 or 2 nights and "it's not a problem."

Therefore if you hop, skip and jump around all over Thailand and stay in hotels then you are covered... but at some point you should report that you have returned home and file a TM30 so as not to have a problem when doing your annual extension etc.

Many thanks MeePeeMai for that

5 hours ago, Paulbuick1 said:

Totally agree with foreigners following the tm30 rule. 

Of course you do. You probably hang THE photo on your wall and prostrate yourself a few times a day in front of it.

21 hours ago, IraqRon said:

reminds me of some lyrics from a song: i got along without ya before i met ya, i'll get along without ya now.  

I'd agree with you, but most Thais can no longer live on a bowl of rice, those days are gone due to mounting personal debts, mortgage, car loan, credit cards etc...

11 hours ago, balo said:

Never filled out the form , and never been asked to pay a fine, Jomtien immigration. 
10 years in Thailand.

Wife had to pay when I was applying for 60d extension in 2017, 2k baht just after they opened the milking station in Jomthien. Now I have the elite so I don't go pay the parole officers anymore. Got completely fed up with their antics and coughed up the 500k.

12 years in Thailand.

Archived