Indian man who borrowed 800,000 baht from friend for retirement extension held on fraud charges

rooster59

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Giving the Indian 800k baht to get an extension of stay is aiding in committing fraud against immigration and Thai government..

What is fraudulent about lending someone money, there is nothing in immigration laws that says the money cannot be borrowed

Giving the Indian 800k baht to get an extension of stay is aiding in committing fraud against immigration and Thai government..

How is that committing fraud, surely it matters not as long as you show 800.000 in your bank and follow the new  seasoning rules ? 

Just what the agents get around but they are never arrested

9 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

No, he defrauded his friend out of 800k. Sounds like he was doing a runner. Surprised that the lender didn't keep his passport until repayment.

Incorrect. It's a civil matter.

The police have no jurisdiction over contracts between individuals, and cannot determine who is right and who is wrong. That's what courts are for.

The police seemed to be motivated to help the Lender, however, it is not yet a criminal case.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Strange that the police acted to quickly on what is a civil matter, unless of course, someone has promised someone else a well deserved reward upon apprehension of the runner and recovery of said loot.. 

Yeah, <deleted> the police for doing their job. They're obviously up to something. 

6 minutes ago, Myran said:

Yeah, <deleted> the police for doing their job. They're obviously up to something. 

Bypassing the agents is a serious crime it seems....

Amazing (Thailand) that the police can pull-out all the stops to catch one guy, while there are agents running around scot-free, after committing fraud on a daily basis, right under the noses of immigration officers.

Hypocrisy at its best!  Big time!

47 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

No, he defrauded his friend out of 800k. Sounds like he was doing a runner. Surprised that the lender didn't keep his passport until repayment.

mebbe he promised to hand over his passport AFTER he went to immigration for his extension?

a dangerous job these daring police have to keep the county save from dangerous individuals with funny long names. awards and commendations for their bravery all around! think of the citizens they have saved from untold unspoken unnamed harm, wow is all I can say after that /sarc.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Can/do the Thai police track every one's phone? If so, why the need for TM 30s?

Maybe cause unlike most folks I haven't caught the carry a cell phone with me everywhere disease that most people have. Clean living and a good diet I guess. It normally can be found in my car dusty and uncharged. Only when I make my monthly sojourn into the various attractions of big city living does my wife charge it (if she remembers) in case I find something at Yok, Big C Makro, Jira Honey and other emporiums that cater to our needs. If my wife is with me what use would I have carrying a cell phone as she is the only I call 99 % of the time

5 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

No different than the adds run here on TV, having extensions done without the necessary funds in your bank account for the stipulated times. 

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

Amazing (Thailand) that the police can pull-out all the stops to catch one guy, while there are agents running around scot-free, after committing fraud on a daily basis, right under the noses of immigration officers.

Hypocrisy at its best!  Big time!

That's not fraud, that's generating funds for brown envelopes, a legitimate, worthwhile, and honourable undertaking fully within the bounds of good business practice. 

1 hour ago, mogoso said:

Maybe cause unlike most folks I haven't caught the carry a cell phone with me everywhere disease that most people have. Clean living and a good diet I guess. It normally can be found in my car dusty and uncharged. Only when I make my monthly sojourn into the various attractions of big city living does my wife charge it (if she remembers) in case I find something at Yok, Big C Makro, Jira Honey and other emporiums that cater to our needs. If my wife is with me what use would I have carrying a cell phone as she is the only I call 99 % of the time

I only call my wife 1% of the time.

Archived