Indian man who borrowed 800,000 baht from friend for retirement extension held on fraud charges

rooster59

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

...we all know full well it ain't just Indians doing this?!???? They're just "late to the party".

I'm surprised that in this case the lender didn't at least keep this guys passport, if he didn't. Probably cos he was one of his "best mates".

How could he keep the passport if you need to go to immigration 

3 hours ago, Myran said:

Yeah, <deleted> the police for doing their job. They're obviously up to something. 

You do understand the difference between civil and criminal?

In this case, it's civil, and the Police are not tasked with figuring out who is right and wrong based on contracts or word of mouth.

Thats what courts are for, not for debt collecting.

1 hour ago, DLock said:

You do understand the difference between civil and criminal?

In this case, it's civil, and the Police are not tasked with figuring out who is right and wrong based on contracts or word of mouth.

Thats what courts are for, not for debt collecting.

Theft is theft. I'm sure you would be happy with the police's actions had you been the victim.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Strange that the police acted to quickly on what is a civil matter, unless of course, someone has promised someone else a well deserved reward upon apprehension of the runner and recovery of said loot.. 

yeah looks like the middle cop could do with some KFC's

4 hours ago, Myran said:

Theft is theft. I'm sure you would be happy with the police's actions had you been the victim.

You see, that's the problem. You are hearing one side of the story and don't know if there was a contract, the terms, if it was valid and if it was breached...and are making assumptions.

It may be theft. It may not be....but it is a civil matter, that any smart lawyer would turn into a court issue and drag it out.

so it is illegal for a person to borrow money for the purpose of getting a visa?  what if someone uses their line of credit for 800k then returns it in 2 - 3 months?  what if one uses a possession as collateral to borrow money?

11 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Where is the Indian perp?

Is that him hiding behind the sign with what appears to be three hands?

The bib must spend a fortune on all these glossy billboards ,signs, posters and maps.

They have an exclusive deal with Prawit's Poster Palace.

12 hours ago, Petchou said:

I will not loan it to you either and to any farang living in Thailand due to high number of losers and scams running from their country. Lol

Never lend money to a farlang , unlikely you will get your money back.

if they need to borrow, they should not be here ..

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

It's people like these that gave genuine retirees a hard time, and have to keep the money longer than necessary.

I hope he's banned from Thailand for cheating the govt.

Why single him out and not a peep about the masses using dodgy agents not to mention the  … dodgy agents?

Just now, UncleFesterNightmare said:

No it is not.  Cite the Thai law violated.  

I agree 100 percent. There is nothing in Thai law that the funds can't be a loan or even a gift. But of course stealing a loan is a crime. 

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wouldn't lend 800K to anyone outside my immediate family. 

and I wouldn't lend 800k to anyone INSIDE my immediate family. I'd have a better chance of getting it back in I flushed it down the toilet and then sat by the edge of the ocean waiting for it to float back to me. 

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

and I wouldn't lend 800k to anyone INSIDE my immediate family. I'd have a better chance of getting it back in I flushed it down the toilet and then sat by the edge of the ocean waiting for it to float back to me. 

If you give it a while, you can probably collect 800oz in a wheelbarrow. 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, animalmagic said:

This data is made available

I think in many places one can securely omit "made".

Some 20 years ago, where I lived before, all ISP's that did not give access to authorities lost their license.

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

How could he keep the passport if you need to go to immigration 

Go to immigration and take the passport after that stuff's done.

The fact that this guy was caught at the airport, on his way out of the country, backs up what I said. Certainly where 800k Baht is involved, over £20,000.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:50 PM, Pilotman said:

They will have been paid to investigate. 

Depending on the amount up to 10%, I think I would pony up the cash.  Not to encourage this type of extortion but to guarantee that the perpetrator got a lot more than he bargained for.  

Archived