Poll shows over 70 percent surveyed have confidence in PM Prayut

rooster59

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Was this a survey of the 250 ministers of the Upper House and their families? 

The linked article from Thai PBS World gives the results for the approval rating of the various politicians and underneath are another set of percentages of what the respondents would like addressed. There have been countless posts on TVF about corruption and road safety. The "representative" survey said that only 1% cited road safety and 2% cited corruption. If that is representative of the Thai thinking then we are all wasting our time writing about it. Have to wonder who was asked.

Being a statistician, to me the results seem odd. I would like to see the actual question.  I would expect results like this if the question was “who of the following do you have confidence in?” With this type of question Prayut would definitely get the majority of votes simply due to name recognition especially if “none of the above” was not an option.

Statistically insignificant number compared to those who have the right cast a vote.

What was the spread(age/income/education/location/gender) of those polled, what the methodology used?

11 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Confidence ratings of the other ministers are:

Jurin Laksanavisit 1%
Wissanu Krea-ngarm 6%
Anutin Charnvirakul, 2%
Somkid Jatusripitak 2%
Tewan Liptapallop 4%
R. Chatu Mongkol Sonakul 1.2%

Hardly rock stars, are they?

No Prawit on the list? Does that mean he got 0% or less?

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

How the poll is fabricated is up to lopsided PR work. Funny thing is no one trusts the cabinet, and this is odd that it is even publicized. Sort of can lend precedence to true instability and eventual disbanding. 

Possibly to give the PM feeling he can act unilaterally without consulting cabinet because no one trusts them

Archived