Cancer patients dying for lack of cannabis oil, says Khao Kwan official

rooster59

Cancer patients dying for lack of cannabis oil, says Khao Kwan official

By The Nation

cannabis.jpg

An official of the Khao Kwan Foundation, which has been distributing cannabis oil among cancer patients until it was stopped four months ago, said Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul needs to have this ban lifted as soon as possible.

Pipat Mongkolkerd said at least one cancer patient dies daily because they no longer have access to the oil, adding that once the foundation’s chairman, Decha Siriphat, returns from overseas, he will seek Anutin’s help to speed up the approval of his formula. 

While campaigning for votes, Anutin’s Bhumjaithai Party had promised that it would seek to decriminalise the use of marijuana and ensure that each family is allowed to grow a specific number of cannabis plants. 

Pipat said that since the ban, 40,000 patients have voiced their urgent need for the oil, but the foundation has not been able to distribute it. 

He said Decha’s cannabis oil has been endorsed by a committee in charge of evaluating the formula’s efficiency, but it still awaiting approval from two more committees before the foundation can start distributing it. Pipat said the approval will take time and more patients may die, so he hopes Anutin will speed up the process.

Decha’s formula is awaiting approval by the committee overseeing the use of marijuana and krathom leaves in traditional medicine, and the narcotics control committee.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372931

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-14

No, I don´t think they are dying because of the lack of cannabis oil. They are dying because of the lack of knowledge how to successfully treat cancer that exists in other countries since decades back in time. Blaming it on the lack of cannabis is just another silly attempt to glorify the use of a now so riddiculously popular drug.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, I don´t think they are dying because of the lack of cannabis oil. They are dying because of the lack of knowledge how to successfully treat cancer that exists in other countries since decades back in time. Blaming it on the lack of cannabis is just another silly attempt to glorify the use of a now so riddiculously popular drug.

Which countries did u have in mind?

5 minutes ago, Harveyg said:

Which countries did u have in mind?

Does it really matter? The fact and the point is that all the power that is put in to making cannabis the new universal god of the world, is just a try to pave a way for legalizing smoking the drug everwhere. I just do not agree with that. If you want some countries I can mention Germany, Sweden, Norway as a few example just to amuse you and make you find some more to write about it.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Does it really matter? The fact and the point is that all the power that is put in to making cannabis the new universal god of the world, is just a try to pave a way for legalizing smoking the drug everwhere. I just do not agree with that. If you want some countries I can mention Germany, Sweden, Norway as a few example just to amuse you and make you find some more to write about it.

I don't want to smoke anything but I would like to have it available in liquid or solid form in case I am terminally ill and suffering.

Do you think you know better than neurosurgeon Dr Sanjay Gupta :  

Mattzen, if you don't agree with it because of your stone age beliefs then that's fine. Mean while folks are dying. Blood is on your hands brother as long as you support the idiots still living in the stone age belief. Your still in refeer madness mode. What the heck! The cancer industry that kills people needs to make a couple hundred trillion more. Go figure. 

1 minute ago, nervona81732 said:

Mattzen, if you don't agree with it because of your stone age beliefs then that's fine. Mean while folks are dying. Blood is on your hands brother as long as you support the idiots still living in the stone age belief. Your still in refeer madness mode. What the heck! The cancer industry that kills people needs to make a couple hundred trillion more. Go figure. 

They're going to die anyway. Cannabis oil merely reduces the pain and suffering. Euthansia would be an acceptable alternative for me

20 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

They're going to die anyway. Cannabis oil merely reduces the pain and suffering. Euthansia would be an acceptable alternative for me

So now you are a Doctor too?

You have no clue what you talking about so just sit back and say nothing!

And let the people do know what they doing go on.

Cannabis has been a well known medicine in Thailand for 100 of years before the American make it to an illegal narcotic by the big pharmacy company who lose money. 

Just now, hellstens said:

Cannabis has been a well known medicine in Thailand for 100 of years before the American make it to an illegal narcotic by the big pharmacy company who lose money. 

Where is the evidence that it extends the life of a cancer patient by any significant amount?

41 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Dr. Mengele is alive. Shame on you. Just because the US made Cannabis to a class A drug that kills, doesn't mean it's a dangerous drug.

Nobody ever died of an overdose of THC.  

1 hour ago, fvw53 said:

I don't want to smoke anything but I would like to have it available in liquid or solid form in case I am terminally ill and suffering.

Do you think you know better than neurosurgeon Dr Sanjay Gupta :  

Ok, in case you are terminally ill or suffering. Sure, that´s ok if it can help. Unfortunately that is not what the huge mass are talking about. They are uning this wave as creating a belief that its an universal medicine that cures everything from hand, mouth and foot disease to broken necks. (ok, a little bit over the top there, I know) ???? 

Especially here in Thailand, the poor educated part of the population are fed with the information that this drug should be used by everybody from a sick cat to a village head man.

42 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Where is the evidence that it extends the life of a cancer patient by any significant amount?

It is not curative and by itself does not extend life.

However by relieving some of the side effects associated with chemotherapy it may enable people to continue treatment who might otherwise have stopped it.

Obviously there is not "one patient a day dying" from lack of CBD and the quoted official is in no position to gauge cause of death in cancer patients. But canniboids can certainly help ease symptoms.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Rarely for cancer there is a treat. They are still searching for it.

Radiation is not quite a cure, it helps and or otherwise just cut away. 

There are some medicines which sometimes help, but again , it costs. Pharmaceutical companies raise 

prices on medicines today, to make more profit, so telling you to die as common people. 

As it costs , many people in Thailand cant afford, so just wait to die on cancer.

Cannabis would help with the agonizing pain people suffer from. 

2 hours ago, fvw53 said:

Thanks for that post. I have a friend who has suffered 5 years of pain with muscular and skeletal problems and with neurological problems intertwined {not cancer}. The marijuana route is worth exploring and the video together with others on Youtube may open a door for pain relief. My friend suffers from spasms and is unable to do much without an attack.

13 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Cannabis would help with the agonizing pain people suffer from.

Yes, for that it can seve a purpose, but from that to glorify the use of it up to todays proportions is riddiculous.

2 hours ago, hellstens said:

yes it is a medicine but not because it cures but because it alleviates the pain! That is the difference. You do not have to be a doctor to know that just be well educated.

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

I guess there is always article 44 just need to convince the right person

Not any more , article 44 is dead, done and dusted....

We have a new government, article 44 only applies to military rule.

3 hours ago, hellstens said:

Cannabis oil can be part of palliative care, cannabis will not "cure" anything, it can alleviate symptoms.

One does not have to be a doctor to want the choice of euthanasia, and cannabis can be part of that in the lead up alleviating symptoms 

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

cannabis will not "cure" anything

I think that's a very foolish and close-minded thing to say!!!

I don't want to be insulting, but I have to be harsh with such a comment. The world of medical cannabis research in a formal capacity is quite young, really, but there are already documented cases where it seems very much that cannabis was the key or perhaps even sole substance in curing some cancers. The first one I recall was an 8-month old baby who had a large inoperable brain tumor. With really no alternatives, cannabis oil was used, and the tumor disappeared. There is also the very widely known stories of RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) having success, so I'd advise us all to keep an open mind about this topic. 

9 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

I think that's a very foolish and close-minded thing to say!!!

I don't want to be insulting, but I have to be harsh with such a comment. The world of medical cannabis research in a formal capacity is quite young, really, but there are already documented cases where it seems very much that cannabis was the key or perhaps even sole substance in curing some cancers. The first one I recall was an 8-month old baby who had a large inoperable brain tumor. With really no alternatives, cannabis oil was used, and the tumor disappeared. There is also the very widely known stories of RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) having success, so I'd advise us all to keep an open mind about this topic. 

I do have an open mind, but there is no scientific evidence of any "cure" of any ailment or disease directly attributed to cannabis or any of its derivatives.

I support the use of medicinal cannabis, and would like to read any scientific evidence (not anecdotal) of any cure of any disease or ailment .

Whole plant extracts are showing some hope, but no science based peer reviewed evidence or trials have this far been conducted.

Let us evidence based FACT, as opposed to anecdotal hypothesis.  

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Cannabis oil can be part of palliative care, cannabis will not "cure" anything, it can alleviate symptoms.

One does not have to be a doctor to want the choice of euthanasia, and cannabis can be part of that in the lead up alleviating symptoms 

A much better one, they use here, is morphine. In feb i said goodbye to my mum, she died on morphine infuse. May she rest in peace.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I do have an open mind, but there is no scientific evidence of any "cure" of any ailment or disease directly attributed to cannabis or any of its derivatives.

I support the use of medicinal cannabis, and would like to read any scientific evidence (not anecdotal) of any cure of any disease or ailment .

Whole plant extracts are showing some hope, but no science based peer reviewed evidence or trials have this far been conducted.

Let us evidence based FACT, as opposed to anecdotal hypothesis.  

To me, it sounds like you're completely buying into the FDA approach, but hasn't Big Pharma proven that with all the loopholes to clear and all trials to conduct, dangerous drugs are still being prescribed in massive quantities? 

When posing the question about the danger of pharmaceutical drugs, these quick facts are given:   ...another 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions for a total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions. About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death.Jun 27, 2014

I'm assuming those figures are for the USA, as that seems to be the automatic default at Google, understandably. Those numbers scare me enough to try alternatives before subjecting myself to a near certainty of crappy side-effects, at the least, from pharma drugs and possibly worse. I don't think the current process works well enough to defend it and ignore the anecdotal experiences of alternative treatments. 

5 hours ago, namatjira said:

Not any more , article 44 is dead, done and dusted....

We have a new government, article 44 only applies to military rule.

Nope, article 44 is still there, but he has made a promise not to use it.

Uh Huh! Ok! Many people are being killed 24/7/365 on Thailands roads because Thias refuse to exercise common sense and respect....and after decades what has changed?  Absolutely nothing.  CM smog is killing people, and what has changed - nothing!  Does anyone see where this is going?  All this senseless death can be changed, but only if Thias desire change, and that is not going to happen.

Archived