Cancer patients dying for lack of cannabis oil, says Khao Kwan official

rooster59

Sad to see the original demonizing propaganda survives !

Cannabis is no curative but as an alternative  to "modern" expensive and accumulatively dangerous "legitimate" substances should not be denied to those who prefer the option.

Outside of the "medical" application even the recreational "abuse" is measurably  far  less  than the incredibly  destructive substances that have  arisen due to the  demonization.

Meth heads   versus  dope heads? Give me the latter  any day !

7 hours ago, fleur3 said:

yes it is a medicine but not because it cures but because it alleviates the pain! That is the difference. You do not have to be a doctor to know that just be well educated.

guess you haven't seen the people that use CBD to stop or reduce their epileptic seizures.

13 hours ago, Inn Between said:

To me, it sounds like you're completely buying into the FDA approach, but hasn't Big Pharma proven that with all the loopholes to clear and all trials to conduct, dangerous drugs are still being prescribed in massive quantities? 

When posing the question about the danger of pharmaceutical drugs, these quick facts are given:   ...another 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions for a total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions. About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death.Jun 27, 2014

I'm assuming those figures are for the USA, as that seems to be the automatic default at Google, understandably. Those numbers scare me enough to try alternatives before subjecting myself to a near certainty of crappy side-effects, at the least, from pharma drugs and possibly worse. I don't think the current process works well enough to defend it and ignore the anecdotal experiences of alternative treatments. 

Nothing to do with FDA, I am speaking of scientific trials supporting the facts of cannabis oil and whole plant extracts for medical purposes, science is already supporting it, as I am. I suggest you read posts on this thread.

Just because I support science based fact (which is out there) try the trials in Israel and some European countries, we need more to support the use and understanding of the detractors.

11 hours ago, ericthai said:

guess you haven't seen the people that use CBD to stop or reduce their epileptic seizures.

it alleviates the seizures which are a symptom, not a cure for the cause of the seizures.

He is supporting the use of the product.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, rooster59 said:

An official of the Khao Kwan Foundation, which has been distributing cannabis oil among cancer patients

Is this treatment free ? 

Cannabis oil is not a cure for cancer, it helps those on the way to an easier passage, to claim people are dying because they are not getting it is a lie

cannabis also causes mental problems to for long term recreational use,  Several studies have linked marijuana use to increased risk for psychiatric disorders, including psychosis (schizophrenia), depression, anxiety, I know of some heavy users and they are not balanced people

I have no issue using it for medical reasons if it helps alleviate suffering but long term recreational use is something else entirely 

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

cannabis also causes mental problems to for long term recreational use,  Several studies have linked marijuana use to increased risk for psychiatric disorders, including psychosis (schizophrenia), depression, anxiety, I know of some heavy users and they are not balanced people

I have no issue using it for medical reasons if it helps alleviate suffering but long term recreational use is something else entirely 

Yes many heavy long term recreational users do have mental health issues, but some studies indicate that the use has exacerbated already underlying conditions. Hard to tell actually which came first in many instances.

Also using it for medicinal purposes generally different genus and levels of the psychoactive ingredient 

Cannabis cures cancer? Obviously not just TH health officials being totally ignorant, but plenty of Westerners alike. Don't know how many links about this miraculous cancer

cure I have been sent by "good-meaning" people to help save me from what is coming...The internet is a breeding ground for fake cancer cures and scams and it can become pretty annoying being confronted with all the "Instant-Dr.s" & their deep knowledge of how to cure cancer on the fast & cheap and all the ridiculous conspiracy theories involving big pharma. I am alive into year 5 of stage IV cancer  thanks to real Dr.'s and big pharma. Wait until it hits you and you will cure yourself with baking-soda, herbal teas, microwaves & laser-beams or just holy water. Ridiculous and ignorant. Many thousands of dedicated & highly adulated people are working on cancer-cures & treatment 24/7 and have some limited  success. Read up on proper sites and get a first idea how complex and complicated this subject is, before spreading more rubbish.   MS>

55 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Cannabis cures cancer? Obviously not just TH health officials being totally ignorant, but plenty of Westerners alike. Don't know how many links about this miraculous cancer

cure I have been sent by "good-meaning" people to help save me from what is coming...The internet is a breeding ground for fake cancer cures and scams and it can become pretty annoying being confronted with all the "Instant-Dr.s" & their deep knowledge of how to cure cancer on the fast & cheap and all the ridiculous conspiracy theories involving big pharma. I am alive into year 5 of stage IV cancer  thanks to real Dr.'s and big pharma. Wait until it hits you and you will cure yourself with baking-soda, herbal teas, microwaves & laser-beams or just holy water. Ridiculous and ignorant. Many thousands of dedicated & highly adulated people are working on cancer-cures & treatment 24/7 and have some limited  success. Read up on proper sites and get a first idea how complex and complicated this subject is, before spreading more rubbish.   MS>

Highly educated people..............

On 7/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, Matzzon said:

Does it really matter? The fact and the point is that all the power that is put in to making cannabis the new universal god of the world, is just a try to pave a way for legalizing smoking the drug everwhere. I just do not agree with that. If you want some countries I can mention Germany, Sweden, Norway as a few example just to amuse you and make you find some more to write about it.

Yes I believe it does matter and your examples are not amusing, but perhaps worth writing about. I had not been aware of any countries who save more patients than they kill by following the pharmaceutical business  model of treating primarily symptoms rather than primarily causes. Perhaps I’m mistaken. The science now available to document the benefits of CBD oil (primarily in doses low in the psychoactive portion) is quite extensive. (But don’t search pharmaceutical based research institutions)

The historical uses (100s of years, 1000s?) of the plant prior to about 90-100 years ago is also documented.  

FYI On a related note: there is a Thai cancer clinic in the ploen chit area that I’ve personally gone to many times for non cancer issues, that does very good work. Also this clinic was one of several featured in a docuseries: The Truth About Cancer - Eastern Asia version.  It is private of course and a bit pricy for Thai standards.  One of the doctors there is an American MD who also has a clinic in Arizona- Oasis of Healing. They do not use CBD products yet to my knowledge. 

On 7/13/2019 at 11:53 PM, potless said:

Thanks for that post. I have a friend who has suffered 5 years of pain with muscular and skeletal problems and with neurological problems intertwined {not cancer}. The marijuana route is worth exploring and the video together with others on Youtube may open a door for pain relief. My friend suffers from spasms and is unable to do much without an attack.

You might check The Sacred Plant (dont be put off by the title) hosted by John Malanca. The uses of cannabis for cancer treatment go far beyond pain management. 

On 7/14/2019 at 6:43 AM, Inn Between said:

To me, it sounds like you're completely buying into the FDA approach, but hasn't Big Pharma proven that with all the loopholes to clear and all trials to conduct, dangerous drugs are still being prescribed in massive quantities? 

When posing the question about the danger of pharmaceutical drugs, these quick facts are given:   ...another 840,000 hospitalized patients are given drugs that cause serious adverse reactions for a total of 2.74 million serious adverse drug reactions. About 128,000 people die from drugs prescribed to them. This makes prescription drugs a major health risk, ranking 4th with stroke as a leading cause of death.Jun 27, 2014

I'm assuming those figures are for the USA, as that seems to be the automatic default at Google, understandably. Those numbers scare me enough to try alternatives before subjecting myself to a near certainty of crappy side-effects, at the least, from pharma drugs and possibly worse. I don't think the current process works well enough to defend it and ignore the anecdotal experiences of alternative treatments. 

The FDA approach is indeed sorely lacking.  Yes there are a huge number of anecdotal reports. But I believe we are starting to get the researched based support. 

A bit of a START ONLY and may require  additional journal searches:

https://www.google.co.th/amp/s/www.greenentrepreneur.com/amphtml/332807

https://cannabinoids.huji.ac.il/book/about

https://www.google.co.th/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/abbierosner/2019/03/04/new-medical-cannabis-research-from-israel-older-adults-dementia-and-dialysis/amp/

These are from Israel which seems to be the leader in research at this time. 

And as noted in another post : see The Sacred Plant - John Malanca for further evidence based and numerous anecdotal sources. 

Archived