UAE warns citizens against smoking e-cigarettes in Thailand

rooster59

UAE warns citizens against smoking e-cigarettes in Thailand

By The Nation

ecigs.JPG

The United Arab Emirates Embassy in Bangkok has issued a warning to UAE nationals against smoking electronic cigarettes in Thailand.

The warning from the UAE stated that its citizens must refrain from using and possessing all kinds of e-cigarette equipment and solutions, as they are regarded as unlawful in Thailand, and violators could be subjected to high penalties of both fines and jail term.

The embassy also warned its citizens not to carry more than 200 cigarettes into the Kingdom or they could be fined.

The UAE is the fourth country to warn its citizens about smoking and bringing e-cigarettes into Thailand. The UK, China and Israel had issued the warnings last year.

About 700,000 to 800,000 UAE citizens visit Thailand each year.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372926

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-14

does it apply to foreigners only? as I know at least half of young Thais are using them ........ maybe government could start working and and issue necessary laws to legalize or forbid it, as at this moment here is no law prohibiting posessing or using vape ....

how vaping by a foreigner in a privet space, like hotel room, is promoting cigarette smoking to youngsters and females? 

promoting smoking cigarettes to these groups was the only official reason why e-cigs were forbidden.

the other, unofficial one, is to stop smoking un-taxed e-cigs and force people to smoke heavily taxed real cigs

1 hour ago, Terek said:

does it apply to foreigners only? as I know at least half of young Thais are using them ........ maybe government could start working and and issue necessary laws to legalize or forbid it, as at this moment here is no law prohibiting posessing or using vape ....

"...I know at least half of young Thais are using them ".

How do you know this?

Just curious...I have a friend???? Who lives in Hua Hin and would like look at what's available in e-liquid. Has no intention to buy e-liquid. Does anybody know of a shop in Hua Hin where they have e-liquid to peruse?

17 minutes ago, ddotmark said:

Just curious...I have a friend???? Who lives in Hua Hin and would like look at what's available in e-liquid. Has no intention to buy e-liquid. Does anybody know of a shop in Hua Hin where they have e-liquid to peruse?

night market stalls

2 hours ago, Terek said:

I have a lot of friends. What you don't understand?

That's your logic? You "have a lot of friends" in response to saying "...I know at least half of young Thais are using them ".

Newbie, strap in, this forum is going to eat you alive.

15 hours ago, Terek said:

I don’t have very many friend cause I smoke ???? and stink, promote, and spread cancer through passive laterals smoking.

“Show me the money!”  That’s what it’s all about regarding vaping in Thailand.  The ban has nothing to do with health concerns.  Its’ intention is simply to protect tax revenue from the sale of tobacco, and to protect revenue to powerful and influential tobacco product producers and distributors.

It’s all such nonsense!  If the concerns were about health, it would be tobacco that was banned, not vaping.  

It seems to be a weekly enforced law though.  I vape (often in public) and have never had legal issues.  I try to be discrete but I know on more than one occasion I’ve been observed vaping by a police officer and nothing happened.  I’m guessing they didn’t need pocket money that day.  

On one occasion, upon check in at the airport for an outbound domestic flight, security detected a vaping device in my check-in luggage.  All they did was instruct me to remove the batteries and put them in my carry-on bag.

Things are about to change though (for the better).  Due to pressure from influential sources, the ban may very well be lifted within the next twelve months, as soon as the government comes up with a plan to tax them....It’s ALL about the money!

20 hours ago, Terek said:

The smoking area in the carpark at my office is blazing with vapers.  A couple guys have these massive jumbo vapes and emit huuuuge clouds - all day any day at least 4-5 people are out there vaping, the rest smoking.

Archived