Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 July 2019 19:55
brewsterbudgen

Updating a TM30 by mail (Bangkok)

Recommended Posts

So after 14 years I submitted my first ever TM30 by mail to Chaengwattana.  The form itself was completed by my Landlord, and I enclosed copies of his ID, Blue Book and the lease; plus copies of all the passport documents/TM6 cards for me, my wife and son.  Our details were entered on the schedule that is attached to the TM30.

 

After 3 weeks I got the single receipt back, covering all 3 of us (no fine).

 

Now my wife and son have been out of the country for a few weeks, presumably I am supposed to submit their new details.  My details have not changed. I intend to do this by mail, but presumably I only need to send the updated schedule, showing the new date of arrival and new TM6 number for my wife and son?  The Landlord's details are unchanged and therefore the actual TM30 form doesn't need to be completed again?

 

Or, maybe I can just forget about it, and wait until I have to go to Chaengwattana in November to do our annual Extensions?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting to see if anyone will reply to this, but so far, no. I have a similar situation, (filed by mail @ IMM CW 2 TM.30s plus 2 sets of documentation for the two of us foreigners who own our condo, received 1 receipt noting "2 aliens" in residence), but like you, I'm not clear whether IMM CW need all of that documentation for the next TM.30 filing, or just the form.

 

Hope this bumps it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the mailing address?

Where do you find it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, zydeco said:

What is the mailing address?

Where do you find it?

For Bangkok it the same address shown for 90 day reporting shown on the immigration website.

 https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

 

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM 30 Report
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TM30 form and all of the supporting documentation needs to be sent each time.  If only your wife and son left and then returned, then only your wife and son's details need to be included on the second page.  Copies of landlord's ID, tabien baan and your rental contract all need to be included, as the copies you sent with your last TM30 are now lining the bottom of a bird cage somewhere.  AFAIK, Immigration still has no capability to scan documents and save them digitally - they are tied in great big bundles and left in the corner for a few months, then shipped off to a warehouse somewhere.  That's why we have to provide copies of the same documents, over and over, year after year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP,

  I did a very similar thing since I never completed a TM30 from my arrival 11 years ago.   I completed the TM30 as processor of the house with my yellow book, chanote which has my name on, Pink ID, etc., attached to the TM30.  Include a stamped, self address envelope for TM30 receipt return.  CW received it 27 June...about 2.5 weeks ago.   I haven't got a reply from CW yet....they may have tossed the whole package in the trash can....don't know.  But with you reporting a positive result after 3 weeks and another poster having a similar result after 4 weeks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a TM30 receipt back.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try....time will tell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For Bangkok it the same address shown for 90 day reporting shown on the immigration website.

 https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

 

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM 30 Report
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

 

Are you sure about that? If you registered to submit TM.30 online that system automatically selects Immigration Division 2 for Bangkok - not 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Are you sure about that? If you registered to submit TM.30 online that system automatically selects Immigration Division 2 for Bangkok - not 1.

Both are in the same building.

It is actually Immigration sub division 2 that is under division 1.

Division 2 is responsible for airport immigration.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KamnanT said:

The TM30 form and all of the supporting documentation needs to be sent each time.  If only your wife and son left and then returned, then only your wife and son's details need to be included on the second page.  Copies of landlord's ID, tabien baan and your rental contract all need to be included, as the copies you sent with your last TM30 are now lining the bottom of a bird cage somewhere.  AFAIK, Immigration still has no capability to scan documents and save them digitally - they are tied in great big bundles and left in the corner for a few months, then shipped off to a warehouse somewhere.  That's why we have to provide copies of the same documents, over and over, year after year.

I feared that could be the case.  If I do this, presumably I can just re-submit a copy of the original TM30 form signed by my Landlord (who is now in Hat Yai), and copies of the Landlord's ID etc, together with a new schedule that only shows my wife and son - or can I just enter their new arrival/TM6 information on the original schedule (a an update) - there's loads of space to do this?

 

What seems ridiculous to me, is that 5 days after coming back, they will be off again to stay with family for 2 weeks.  So, I will (if I follow the "rules") have to re-submit everything again, with another updated schedule.  Then, a week later we are all off for a 4 day holiday - so when we return I will have to re-submit the same form and all the enclosures again, with another updated schedule that includes my new arrival date!

 

All of the above will be done my mail (EMS), and as it seems to take around 3 weeks for CW to process one TM30 by mail, it's quite likely that CW will have three TM30 submissions in progress at the same time.  

 

Other posts on the various TM30 threads, have said that CW are not enforcing the 24-hour report rule, and I am inclined to think that the ridiculousness of repeated mailed-in reports within a month will be accepted.  I think I will leave it and see what happens when we do our annual Extensions of Stay in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In many ways the TM30 law is really ridiculous like in those cases where you are just traveling around Thailand visiting here and there for a few days....and the 24 hour reporting requirement.   The govt knows it's ridiculous in many wasy but they don't care...it creates more govt jobs to process TM30s and they really don't care about the time and effort expended by those which the law says must submit the TM30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, KamnanT said:

The TM30 form and all of the supporting documentation needs to be sent each time.  If only your wife and son left and then returned, then only your wife and son's details need to be included on the second page.  Copies of landlord's ID, tabien baan and your rental contract all need to be included, as the copies you sent with your last TM30 are now lining the bottom of a bird cage somewhere.  AFAIK, Immigration still has no capability to scan documents and save them digitally - they are tied in great big bundles and left in the corner for a few months, then shipped off to a warehouse somewhere.  That's why we have to provide copies of the same documents, over and over, year after year.

Thanks. I suspected as much. Last time it was 16 sheets of paper 8x2 for 2 of us. Monty Python would be proud of the ministry of silly forms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, Pib said:

 

 

Edited by samtam
double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, Pib said:

OP,

  I did a very similar thing since I never completed a TM30 from my arrival 11 years ago.   I completed the TM30 as processor of the house with my yellow book, chanote which has my name on, Pink ID, etc., attached to the TM30.  Include a stamped, self address envelope for TM30 receipt return.  CW received it 27 June...about 2.5 weeks ago.   I haven't got a reply from CW yet....they may have tossed the whole package in the trash can....don't know.  But with you reporting a positive result after 3 weeks and another poster having a similar result after 4 weeks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get a TM30 receipt back.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try....time will tell.

My receipt took 24 days to CW IMM, so you're within range.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I omitted to send a self-addressed envelope when I sent in a copy of my lease agreement with the TM30 form. Hopefully Immigration will record this and just issue me with receipt when I go to Immigration - any one else forgot to send in an envelope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 3:34 PM, samtam said:

My receipt took 24 days to CW IMM, so you're within range.

I posted mine off on 5 June & still waiting. Would of thought I'd have the receipt back by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...