what is the device on the ceiling of my hotel room?

davidst01

I think the smaller one is a fire alarm. But the bigger one I dont know. At night time the rounder small part in the middle has a dim light that flashes. Its a bit annoying actually. Hope its not live cam streaming to russia..IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.1949bdd275a966284f118a95744448bf.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One will be a fire alarm,they other I don't know,

maybe Carbon Dioxide alarm,or maybe a speaker

to give warning that the inspectors are at the hotel

to look at its license,or you could ask the front desk.

regards worgeordie

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

As KittenKong posted, it is a wifi access point.............

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ wifi ceiling units

whats with the annoying round light flashing in the room at night. It the pitch black of the night it lights up the room a bit to be honest

3 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

whats with the annoying round light flashing in the room at night. It the pitch black of the night it lights up the room a bit to be honest

Someone who is more knowledgeable than I please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this list may explain the lights on the unit....

LIGHT GREEN = Access Point is operational, but no wireless clients are attached

BLUE = Access point is operational and at least 1 wireless is associated to the AP

ORANGE = Power issue at the access point

RED = Firmware issue

Oh dear, my aching sides!

"TM30 sensor. It scans the chip in your passport", "visa overstay detector" - ha ha ha!

The frightening thing is, given the way it's going with immigration and Little & Large P's apparent hatred of foreigners (they're successfully reducing tourisms by all reports) it might just give someone an idea.

I can see it now in the foreigner control centre: We have suspect with TM card TZ12345 in the room now. There is no movement. We need to check why he hasn't spent any money on the minibar and why he doesn't have a girl in his room. All units move in now!

It is all part of the Prayut Program to clamp down on prostitution. If they see money changing hands, you'll have a knock on your door before you can orgasm.

1 hour ago, Wirejerker said:

Rest assured it’s not live streaming to Russia as there is a 30 second delay for censorship. My recommendation is stop doing that or you will go blind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

at least if he does go blind he won't be worrying about strange things on the ceiling he can't see. 

38 minutes ago, neeray said:

It is all part of the Prayut Program to clamp down on prostitution. If they see money changing hands, you'll have a knock on your door before you can orgasm.

So the only way to stay legal is to rip off hookers and not pay them now ????

1 hour ago, neeray said:

one night i brought two girls home from a bar in Nana. They were great. but they were spending a lot of time on their phones.

that is why i never leave home without the T1000 WiFi/Cellphone Terminator. Total peace during boom boom.

JammerBlocker0037.jpg

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

one night i brought two girls home from a bar in Nana. They were great. but they were spending a lot of time on their phones.

that is why i never leave home without the T1000 WiFi/Cellphone Terminator. Total peace during boom boom.

JammerBlocker0037.jpg

Yeah a man 's needs to have in the bedside drawer this day's.....avoiding the early runners

Archived