Just been to Koh Samui and MY GOD!!!

What a hell hole. Makes phuket look like heaven. As soon as you leave your hotel you will be set upon by taxi barons offering you drugs and hookers and wont take no for an answer!!! Then when you get to the beach you will be constantly disturbed by local hawkers and tat sellers who will give you evil looks when you dont buy anything and say things like “why mr you no help me, you big money.

then there is the waitresses who talk s#*t behind your back when you dont leave a tip cos their service was diabolical.

samui, what the hell has happened to you? Thank god im back in phuket,, this place like heaven yall. 

Its all about the money money money. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all the 'holiday ' destinations in Thailand are going to the dogs.  Environmentally they are deteriorating rapidly.  The locals are killing the industry with their greed and criminality and they don't seem to see what is coming. Given a very short time, Vietnam and Cambodia will kill the Thai tourist industry.

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

all the 'holiday ' destinations in Thailand are going to the dogs.  Environmentally they are deteriorating rapidly.  The locals are killing the industry with their greed and criminality and they don't seem to see what is coming. Given a very short time, Vietnam and Cambodia will kill the Thai tourist industry.

Greediest people i ever saw there bro. Took greed to a whole new level, one guy followed me for about 500m saying smoking and coke whilst making a sniffing sound. Weirdos

6 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

What a hell hole. Makes phuket look like heaven.

Congrats on your first month on Thaivisa ... oops I mean it will be you first months in a week. Keep us informed about what is going on down in those islands though. WooHoo and what fun.

Thanks

Wouldn't bother with Mafia run Koh Samui.  I was there for the first time 1 month ago, and for the LAST time forever.  Many more options in Asia and the world that has better beaches, immigrations, and people to spend my time and money. 

30 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

samui, what the hell has happened to you? Thank god im back in phuket,, this place like heaven yall.

Its all about the money money money. 

I thought exactly the same thing about Phuket when I went there from Pattaya. An overpriced dump full of grasping people. Hard to imagine that Samui could actually be worse, but I'll take your word for it.

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

FIXED:  all the 'holiday ' destinations in Thailand are going to the dogs.  Environmentally they are deteriorating rapidly.  The locals are killing the industry with their greed and criminality and they don't WANT to see what is coming. Given a very short time, Vietnam and Cambodia will kill the Thai tourist industry.

6 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Congrats on your first month on Thaivisa ... oops I mean it will be you first months in a week. Keep us informed about what is going on down in those islands though. WooHoo and what fun.

Thanks

Touch a nerve? Good post I thought,Phuket slaps Samui !

The idea that foreigners simply don't want every service and item up for sale never enters their heads. "Mr, why you not help me?" "Vendor, why don't you piss off and let me enjoy my holiday?"

And then they wonder why tourists don't come back a second time. Amazing.

Thailand's laisser faire policies towards tourism are slowly destroying the nations natural resources.

It seems that tourism this year is down up to 30%    .....  whether or not this is a glitch, you can be sure that the authorities reaction will be a nape-of-the-neck one that fails to look to the longer future or the sustainability of the industry.

However, I really don't think that posts saying "Phuket is better than Samui" have any validity whatsoever, just a poorly written subjective post about one person's prejudices.......waste of a keyboard.

8 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

heh, sounds like a little bit made up ... add that too how long he has been here and hmmm 

did it touch a nerve for you too.  :thumbsup:

No, my gf used to live there, hated the place for the  OP stated reasons.

Samui is really only good to rent a big villa with friends/family, but well they closed them all down, great.

And maybe staying in a fancy 5 star resort that you don't have to leave, where security guys are give asskicks off everyone who's not a guest.

15 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Thailand's laisser faire policies towards tourism are slowly destroying the nations natural resources.

It seems that tourism this year is down up to 30%    .....  whether or not this is a glitch, you can be sure that the authorities reaction will be a nape-of-the-neck one that fails to look to the longer future or the sustainability of the industry.

However, I really don't think that posts saying "Phuket is better than Samui" have any validity whatsoever, just a poorly written subjective post about one person's prejudices.......waste of a keyboard.

His views are less valid than yours then....makes sense?????

Odd that he didn't state exactly where on Samui these occurrences are supposed to have taken place.

One could visit Patong and then say the same thing about Phuket. but stay away from the most touristy parts of holiday destinations and you can have a completely different experience.

Vendor: Why you no help me?

Me: Have a seat and let's talk economics and social etiquette.

Vender: uh.

Me: Could you please stop picking your nose?

Vender: uh?

Me: I go swim now, cheerio.

Vender: uh.

2 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

BAck in my favoirte bar now folks! Kata beach today till the sun goes down. No hassle and 80 baht cocktails served to my hand.. welcome back for sure !

you still haven't told us which area of Samui you visited

Hmmmm, I am living in Chiang Mai and want to leave northern Thailand for 3 months during the burning season next year. My idea was to go to Koh Samui for this time. Following this thread to find out if it´s really so bad there. 

At Phuket I have been 3 times and was not so impressed.

11 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

So true bro. Patong isnt great but still nowhere near as bad as chaweng. No means no in patong, in chaweng it just means try again and wear me down until i say yes! 

Same occurs in Bali, persistent to the point where real agro can occur, big difference to offering your wares.Patong has bars , tuk tuk,tailors,massage etc all on offer but a simple I,m ok thanks does the trick! 

Archived