BANGKOK
kellersphuket

Just been to Koh Samui and MY GOD!!!

6 hours ago, Issanman said:

We drove down to Samui last year and stayed 4 days. I don't even think about ever going back.

I tell you it is the cars and motorcycles ruining LOS.  

For Buddhas sake, now people are driving their personal vehicles out to islands?  

Posted (edited)

Just been to Koh Samui and MY GOD!!!

I see your personal deity let you down again

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

Why go to these places when there are many beaches elsewhere that are deserted mid week and they are glad of the custom. If you go to a tourist ghetto you should expect it to be grim.

Why not try here. Empty beach at Mae Phim :

hat mai pim 024.jpg

But there,s no lifeguards on patrol!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Illegal developments in the hills?

No

8 hours ago, RobboR said:

How do you know how long somebody has been here?? Not everybody strives to join thaivisa within seconds of arrival!

Point taken, but as we have so many of those "created personas" in recent years, I guess I am just sceptical. Go figure   :biggrin:

• Like 1

More off topic posts removed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moontang said:

If the foreigners want to ruin beach areas, the Thais are more than willing to help.  I always hated the aggressive ripoffs in the tourist areas...makes me glad I live in the Big Mango...so many options.

Uhhmm - no couldn't be bothered

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, churchill said:

No

Any land over 19 ° gradient is property of the crown

11 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

isn't that the whole point of going to a tourist place as a TOURIST? to see the touristy bits? if they wanted to trek through the jungle to some god foresaken arse-end of the island why bother going at all?

No. You can be a tourist without visiting the most commercially oriented places. 

I went to Phuket recently and felt no need to visit Patong, nor even Kata or Karon. Does that mean that I'm not a tourist?

I had a surprisingly pleasant time. Beachfront accommodation certainly helped.

Plenty of quiet non touristy areas .. and beautiful uncrowded sandy beaches with no beach sellers or mafia .thumbnail_IMG-0355.jpg.25ff2d9a4480580a0b2d20175be90d12.jpg&key=ae908e1b2be92c16b8fb65b42649b2b86ed18b3abccb2db6d2192dfbdcd1d50f

thumbnail_IMG-0113.jpg.4ec00526fea6864254bc88652b3f12f4.jpg&key=a21bc9b60e0d3245a6de164161d9cd7fee3495e5bb92b234649b12db81c4130e

thumbnail_IMG-0309.thumb.jpg.1b0baaf9b2e8897b10e3d45091a31df4.jpg&key=5c5ae3aade7041e2aea4e0860ea1d762f89487fcf94ca13b51fa62a97773806e

True but then why go anyway you have to deal with all the crap to go hole up in the quiet areas? Samui was so special to me then within a few years a paradise ruined. I have not been back in 15 years.

Could be a Doctoral thesis case study in the compete mismanagement of tourism, and GREED!

12 hours ago, Denim said:

Why go to these places when there are many beaches elsewhere that are deserted mid week and they are glad of the custom. If you go to a tourist ghetto you should expect it to be grim.

Why not try here. Empty beach at Mae Phim :

hat mai pim 024.jpg

Mae Phim is a great resort, our favorite beach. Clean water, no beach vendors, mix of Western and Thai restaurants, great seafood markets, decent hotels, only a couple of Chinese tourist buses, zero go-go bars (so not everyone's cup of tea), less than an hour from Pattaya. OK, its got one or two banana-boat rides but what's not to like compared to the other resorts mentioned above?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

True, I have been there, but it´s a bit too quiet. I like to have a bigger town near me - and minimum one good sushi restaurant. 😉  So the options are somewhere between Jomtien and Sattahip or Koh Samui. I also have been at Koh Chang before but that´s also a bit boring.

Why stay in Thailand at all?  Go to nearby countries which have better exchange rates, get a break from the same things, same food, etc, if you have to pay to stay somewhere, get out and see something a bit different???  Thailand same same everywhere ...more or less.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

Troll OP

Sure it’s not,even if it was,responses are still valid!

• Like 1