Just been to Koh Samui and MY GOD!!!

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

where there's a lot of people you'll find rubbish,banrak down by the market is a good example.Samui's main problems are the lack of rubbish collections and disposal,on/off electricity and water,too many cars,and really just too many people living on a small island.Add to that aggressive locals,inept police force,stinking drains in chaweng beach road,poor sewerage disposal usually into the sea...otherwise Samui is an ok place.

You should join the tourist promotion team ????

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greediest people i ever saw there bro. Took greed to a whole new level, one guy followed me for about 500m saying smoking and coke whilst making a sniffing sound. Weirdos
Same thing in Chaweng 20 years ago. “Marijuana, Ecstasy, LSD, Cocaine”. Looked like he had all of 10 baht in his pockets. The same man worked to shop you to the police for after selling oregano, later, I’m told.

I wonder if the Samui bashers had taken half a day to ride all the way around the ring road, whether they wouldn't realise what they've been missing.

The probability of surviving a ride “around the ring road” being as they are it could become their last memory.

4 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

The probability of surviving a ride “around the ring road” being as they are it could become their last memory.

Because the roads of Phuket and BKK are 100% safe...

Best just stay indoors all day and be a miserable git on the Internet.

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No kidding! If you avoid rush hour or the season, there isn't enough traffic to make it a bother. It's one of my favorite past times, taking a nice, leisurely cruise around the island on the ring road on my scooter.

55 minutes ago, anon7854 said:

I guess OP can be safely tagged as a troll.  His posts are hilarious though.

Those of us who live here know how good we've got it. Doesn't bother me one bit that the negative nay-sayers stay away.

10 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Those of us who live here know how good we've got it. Doesn't bother me one bit that the negative nay-sayers stay away.

Lived here for years... it aint that great bro and it will only get worse.

Enjoy filling out the TM forms. I'm sure they will make some others up in the near future. TM55 has a certain ring to it!

3 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

Lived here for years... it aint that great bro and it will only get worse.

Enjoy filling out the TM forms. I'm sure they will make some others up in the near future. TM55 has a certain ring to it!

I've been coming to Samui since 1983. I think I've got a pretty good grasp of what the place is all about. I hope you're happy in Cebu, though to me it sounds like you're going from bad to worse. You seem to be throwing a hissy fit over a simple form so that you can go chase some young poosay elsewhere. Enjoy!

On 7/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, CNXexpat said:

Do you know what a slum is? Do you have ever been in Chiang Mai or do you only heard that it´s bad? I am living here and I am feeling fine. Yes, here are many foreigners from all over the world, tourists and expats, but this happens always at nice places like New York, London, Paris, etc. At the end the city is not really beautiful, it´s the vibe and the friendly people what makes it so special - and the many possibilities in the nature around the city. But perhaps you prefer foreigner-empty places like the deepest Isaan, where nobody wants to go because it´s so boring...

Life is what you make it. after 10 years on Samui and 2 at Khanchanaburi i am moving to ISSAAN to see out my days in peace. I can always toddle off for a beach weekend if i so desire. Samui has been good for me.

Samui road are dangerous, perhaps the most deadly in Thailand. Just posting a fact, not flames or insults.
Have a nice day!

On 7/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, RickG16 said:

I wonder if the Samui bashers had taken half a day to ride all the way around the ring road, whether they wouldn't realise what they've been missing.

Glad they didn't and stayed in their tourist ghetto and left us alone in the nicer parts of the island...

I have spent the last 2 years travelling around Thailand looking for a place to reside and mostly had great experiences. Because I am a Farang obviously places where other farangs live were of more interest to me for obvious reasons but I lived around central Thailand for 6 months continuously where there were few farangs and didn't mind that either other than the heat of April - June  hence the move to a slightly less severe climate. I also liked areas of Phuket but not so fond of Patong for lots of reasons but each to their own and it also depends on what you are looking for. I have recently moved and settled on the island of Samui and find reading these forums sort of interesting but often very sad. Maybe Samui used to be better than it is currently but comparing it to other places I visited I think it is pretty good. The bullshit people put up on these forums is very sad, I enjoy beach walking and have walked on several Samui beaches many times and have never seen a needle and cannot remember spotting a condom, i am sure they are there like most beaches all over the world but not that apparent. The beach sellers were never rude or overly persistent even on Chaweng beach, I found most people pleasant and in no way offensive or an invasion of my privacy in any way.  I have seen nicer Thai beaches than Samui has but not by that much, Bophut and Mae Nam are quite nice. Because i enjoy the beach and have travelled extensively to beaches and beach resorts around the globe i believe i am well qualified to comment.

In addition Samui offers good ammenities, hospitals, super markets, local markets and so on. The roads are mostly not congested although peak tourist season at certain times of the day can be a little frustrating but thats a global thing as well. I think overall the Island is one of the better places to settle in Thailand, it is not perfect but definitely has a lot of positives. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so to those of you who put up these post please be sensible and factual as severely biased and untrue accounts can and will have a negative impact on that community and I dont believe Samui deserves that. 

Archived