Regardin the Thai news article of TM30 check in every inside trip here.

holy cow cm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone have an update or opinion for CM in this absurd crack down on having to check in every time you come back home from any stayed out trip in Thailand? CM has always said never mind in the past, but has anyone heard anything elsewise? I am just flabbergasted and annoyed at this policy if it reaches to every foreigner going anywhere in Thailand when considering our home of CM. I find this a travesty of human rights pointing at us like implicating that we are all potential criminals. Ofcourse if I have to do it I will, but how much is too much abuse!

“A travesty of human rights” LMAO [emoji23] it’s just paperwork [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Anyone have an update or opinion for CM in this absurd crack down on having to check in every time you come back home from any stayed out trip in Thailand? CM has always said never mind in the past, but has anyone heard anything elsewise? I am just flabbergasted and annoyed at this policy if it reaches to every foreigner going anywhere in Thailand when considering our home of CM. I find this a travesty of human rights pointing at us like implicating that we are all potential criminals. Ofcourse if I have to do it I will, but how much is too much abuse!

Ok I understand I don’t particularly like paperwork either but I know I gotta do it no matter where I live. There’s always gonna be paperwork in life anywhere.

But seriously don’t you think you went just a little overboard maybe by calling it “a travesty of human rights” [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38].

Are you actually being serious? Or are you joking?

It takes me a couple of minutes to do a TM30 with the condo staff each time I fly back into Thailand, which is once or twice every six months. The fulminations on this thread about human rights are ridiculous. Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

Does anyone think in their home country, a foreigner would get exactly the same freedom of movement and absence of reporting as them?

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Does anyone think in their home country, a foreigner would get exactly the same freedom of movement and absence of reporting as them?

In the UK, yes.

Remind me never to relocate to Chiang Mai. Sounds like hell, what with the pollution, gestapo immigration and whingeing expats, who would want to live there?

I live in Pattaya, much more chilled. I think I completed a TM30 or could be TM28 when I moved house. Otherwise, even though I go abroad a couple of times per year and travel to other provinces regularly, I've never filed a TM30. As for keeping one in my passport, I'm pretty sure that's not a requirement.

90 day reports take a couple of minutes. Mine was due last Friday, I think. I'll pop in some time this week and do it then off to lunch at a nice restaurant nearby.

This is my home, I'm not a guest here or an alien. I have a Thai wife, kid, car, house, DL, ID card and am made to feel very welcome by every Thai I meet, including Immigration Officers. No one has ever told me to go home (except the odd ringpiece on TV).

Come to Pattaya, it's Buddha's country.

1 minute ago, jabis said:

That's probably why they have an additional desk for TM30 fines, just not to rake in the 400-2000 baht per foreigner not reported ????
Image result for tm30 immigration

Note: Writ large, at the top is Tourist extension. It is not required for someone extending their Non-O on the grounds of retirement or marriage. Bit of a clue is that it was produced specifically as advice for backpackers.

21 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Note: Writ large, at the top is Tourist extension. It is not required for someone extending their Non-O on the grounds of retirement or marriage. Bit of a clue is that it was produced specifically as advice for backpackers.

Nope, it's unilaterally applied to all extensions and 90 day reports etc ???? Its a new income source plainly. My encounter was changing to a new passport, with another dude who got his changed too, difference was I had made an initial TM30 - he did not - and he had stayed in the kingdom more than a decade, where I'm only half of that ????

And yes - there actually is a whole TM30 queue - meaning fining people not doing it ????

image.png.b0125789e5c55125ca7723e7331854a2.pngA forewarning I received - just to validate my point

5 hours ago, Mel52 said:

“A travesty of human rights” LMAO emoji23.png it’s just paperwork emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Says the new person to the block! Your post saddens me by lack of knowledge and of accepting the invasion of privacy. Don't post anything in the future complaining about the system then! It will fall on deaf ears!

5 hours ago, Mel52 said:

Ok I understand I don’t particularly like paperwork either but I know I gotta do it no matter where I live. There’s always gonna be paperwork in life anywhere.

But seriously don’t you think you went just a little overboard maybe by calling it “a travesty of human rights” emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png.

Are you actually being serious? Or are you joking?

Serious as it is way too much of overkill. I travel a lot inside the country and for them wanting me to check back into my own owned home with my wife is ridiculous and prejudiced after domestic travel. Even after travel abroad is way too much. I don't accept it and it is degrading..

I presume one has to report to their local immigration within 24 hours of returning from abroad..... so if one lands at swampy and lives in the far north or south, one has to immediately leave BKK to get home, no time for shopping etc..... it’s beyond stupid, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Enjoy your lack of freedom and continual excessive hoop jumping Mel52. Have a smile when you bend over. I have been here for over 2 decades and don't appreciate sarcastic comments like yours. But at least you have the freedom, that is for the time been, to make them on forums. 

LMAO [emoji23] What hoop jumping? There is none. It’s just normal stuff. I’m sorry you are so sad. I love it here and I really enjoy life here. You seem extremely bitter maybe you should look into getting some counseling or maybe see a psychiatrist to get the help you need? I hope you do get the help you need so that you to can be as happy here as I am. But if you hate Thailand so much why not just go home just leave. No one is forcing you to live here lol.

Says the new person to the block! Your post saddens me by lack of knowledge and of accepting the invasion of privacy. Don't post anything in the future complaining about the system then! It will fall on deaf ears!

I’ve been here for more than 5 years man, and I used to come here all the time 10 years ago but now I’ve been living here for over 5 years now. So I’m definitely not new lol.

32 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I presume one has to report to their local immigration within 24 hours of returning from abroad..... so if one lands at swampy and lives in the far north or south, one has to immediately leave BKK to get home, no time for shopping etc..... it’s beyond stupid, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I arrived a couple of weeks ago, stayed in BKK for 7 nights before flying back up to CM. Upon updating my TM30 they did ask why I was 8 days late but were fine when I told them I'd only just arrived in CM the previous day. Didn't ask for any proof, but it might be worth keeping a copy of the flight itinerary. 

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It takes me a couple of minutes to do a TM30 with the condo staff each time I fly back into Thailand, which is once or twice every six months. The fulminations on this thread about human rights are ridiculous. Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

My wife has a U.S. visa = there are no conditional check ins required other than entering/leaving the country before 6 months & can re-enter within a couple of months......

The owner's/family of the places we frequent are not required to report her every move.....We've travelled many other countries without being "tracked".....

If this overnight rule is enforced throughout travel in Thailand we'll become marked as too much trouble by many Thai's eyes - it puts a target on us and them....Any farang unfamiliar to an area (theoretically) becomes fodder for the police to call into question.....

My inlaws (most Thai families) wouldn't have a clue as to how to report......But are subject to a fine for having us present.....

It bodes badly for the/our future....

Archived