Benz C220d

kmw

1 minute ago, kmw said:

Yes I'm thinking about a novated lease so can salary sacrifice, so bringing down the cost of the car by about 25%

Yeah, that can be a good deal if you are using pre-tax salary amounts to pay down the lease.

Yes definitely the best option we have looked at so far, also good that at the end of the lease can buy out the car or just get a newer model, the salary packaging is the cheapest way, as it also reduces the taxable income 

3 hours ago, plfomylo said:

What I am wondering is why people buy a car that they cannot pay cash ? Just buy a cheaper car and pay it cash if you are not able to buy a Benz ?

I don't think many people will buy a Benz out right with cash, as the other poster said I think most of them are on hire purchase/lease/novated lease, as paying out right with cash is a terrible investment unless you can get it cheaper via other means as listed above, even financing is better then out right as the funds are much better sitting in your own investments instead of in the pockets of Daimler AG, that is providing can earn more then 5% PA, being really not that hard 

4 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Can you explain this a bit more?

RAZZ

Use gross income that is pre tax to buy a car, basically you reduce your taxable income as payments come out before tax is applied to your income, so the payments for the car are tax free thus also reducing the amount you earn so your gross taxable income is lower, so you pay less income tax as well,

Can also be done with pretty much anything, I do this for PC, laptop and phones, 

19 hours ago, kmw said:

Use gross income that is pre tax to buy a car, basically you reduce your taxable income as payments come out before tax is applied to your income, so the payments for the car are tax free thus also reducing the amount you earn so your gross taxable income is lower, so you pay less income tax as well,

Can also be done with pretty much anything, I do this for PC, laptop and phones, 

And a "novated lease" can be done in Thailand? 

I'll talk to the Mrs about it. 

RAZZ

40 minutes ago, kmw said:

Yeah absolutely, but depends on the finance company and or employer,

I'm not aware of any in Thailand unless sponsored by large employers in conjunction with fleet management of major auto producers. I don't think this is generally available in Thailand to consumers.

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

I'm not aware of any in Thailand unless sponsored by large employers in conjunction with fleet management of major auto producers. I don't think this is generally available in Thailand to consumers.

Is for me I asked payroll department already,  most of our executives drive around in a S class, I hardly think they are paying out of pocket cash for those cars, just way too expensive ????

1 minute ago, kmw said:

Is for me I asked payroll department already,  most of our executives drive around in a S class, I hardly think they are paying out of pocket cash for those cars, just way too expensive ????

True, and yes you confirmed you work for a large enough company to sponsor such a plan. Lucky for you, and good you are taking advantage of it.

11 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

True, and yes you confirmed you work for a large enough company to sponsor such a plan. Lucky for you, and good you are taking advantage of it.

We actually have a fleet of Toyota Camrys people use but no one takes care of them as they are company cars, really quite sad, or we have the option of a car allowance at 250k per year, but salary sacrifice packaging lease works out the cheapest option for a benz

• 4 months later...

This is a really stupid question, but last week i bought a C 220 d, and as yet i have not been to the garage to fill it up. The sales guy told me it takes V Power Diesel which i know about when going to Shell, but which one should it put in when stopping at a PTT station?

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

This is a really stupid question, but last week i bought a C 220 d, and as yet i have not been to the garage to fill it up. The sales guy told me it takes V Power Diesel which i know about when going to Shell, but which one should it put in when stopping at a PTT station?

PTT have ultra force diesel which is their High end fuel, if its a New C220 remember they have Ad Blue tank too, but should be Okay for a few months 

25 minutes ago, br12stol said:

PTT have ultra force diesel which is their High end fuel, if its a New C220 remember they have Ad Blue tank too, but should be Okay for a few months 

Thank you. I presume i can just take any of the diesels they have on their big pump stations, and taking the more expensive one would in general be better for the car.

I was told by the dealership that i should not have to do anything with the Blue Tank as it would be dealt with when it goes in for its scheduled maintenance.

8 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I think this c22)D is at least Euro 5 spec. So use the PTT diesel premium (the grey bowser). I found less power when I put regular diesel in my crv (which is Euro 5). Not all PTT stations have premium though. 

7 hours ago, DavisH said:

I think this c22)D is at least Euro 5 spec. So use the PTT diesel premium (the grey bowser). I found less power when I put regular diesel in my crv (which is Euro 5). Not all PTT stations have premium though. 

Spoke to a friend tonight who works for another Benz dealership and he confirmed what you say. I was a bit suprised for him to tell me that Shell V Power was only Euro 4 spec meaning that Shell supposedly a premium brand do not have the optimum diesel. 

10 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Spoke to a friend tonight who works for another Benz dealership and he confirmed what you say. I was a bit suprised for him to tell me that Shell V Power was only Euro 4 spec meaning that Shell supposedly a premium brand do not have the optimum diesel. 

Euro 4/5 spec is about the emissions of a vehicle, not about the quality of a fuel

Archived