In detention room in Suvarnabhumi. Don't know what's happening

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

20+ flights a day to KUL, can't see any reason the OP was held more than an hour or two.

as the airline he flew in on is responsible to get him/her out he can only fly that airline>
how may entries,how long does he/she stay
we here are constantly only shown one side of the story

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Lordy mate, you won't stop going on this one track. No airlines fly both Bkk - Kl and Bkk to Astana. The OP is not going to be sent to Kazakhstan. Also, the Thai authorities do not decide where he/she goes. That is up to the airline and the passenger. Really, nobody is being deported. I don't know how many times you have to be told.

Air Astana fly to both cities. So please just stop posting nonsense as that does not help anyone  and let's await the final report from Zhanna, assuming that is we get more updates from him or her. Maybe as he/she joined TVF this afternoon he/she may be getting better advice from her embassy whom I would assume would have been her first port of call rather than what he/she is getting from TVF.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Air Astana fly to both cities. So please just stop posting nonsense as that does not help anyone  and let's await the final report from Zhanna, assuming that is we get more updates from him or her. Maybe as he/she joined TVF this afternoon he/she may be getting better advice from her embassy whom I would assume would have been her first port of call rather than what he/she is getting from TVF.

I don't think that there's somebody you could call on the weekend.

Even if the embassy does have an emergency number, what could they possibly do?

The IO didn't let her in because they might believe that she's working, may that be on a keyboard or an a whiteboard at a school.

Considering the amount of new teachers coming from this country these days, quite easy to understand.

And not having enough money to pay for a flight out doesn't look good for the Op in my eyes.

So where's the proof that the person in question receives a salary from Kazakhstan, or elsewhere? 

Anyway, best of luck for the OP to get out of detention ASAP!! 

Edited by Isaanbiker

25 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Taxation? When exit from The Matrix? States don't need your tax if has the Monetary Sovereignty. (not the example of the EU). When should study more about Monetary Systems to open our mind, and fight the Usurer System.

• A "digital nomad" avoid taxes to put in his wallet 1500$ / month, what about the BIG Corporations? Where Facebook pay, if pay, taxes, as every big company? It is exactly the same question about Environmental Pollution, who creates damages? Mr.Smith with is 20 years old car because he don't have money to buy a new car or big chemical conglomerates?

Start thinking outside the frame. And I repeat, in our spare time, we should study Monetary Systems, learn how Currency works, understand that Currency based on debt is criminal, understand that the circulation of money is virtual and created with a click on a computer keyboard. 

If currency based on debt is criminal, most governments of " more developed countries" are criminals.

What's that got to do with a woman, or a man in detention in a Bangkok airport cell?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I don't think that there's somebody you could call on the weekend.

Even if the embassy does have an emergency number, what could they possibly do?

The IO didn't let her in because they might believe that she's working, may that be on a keyboard or an a whiteboard at a school.

Considering the amount of new teachers coming from this country these days, quite easy to understand.

And not having enough money to pay for a flight out doesn't look good for the Op in my eyes.

So where's the proof that the person in question receives a salary from Kazakhstan, or elsewhere? 

Anyway, best of luck for the OP to get out of detention ASAP!! 

You mean these ones don't work anymore ?

Emergency Telephone (for citizens of Kazakhstan) 
+66 80 202 4741
+66 64 268 7831

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from another post

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

Air Astana does not fly BKK - KUL. Therefore OP did not arrive on Air Astana. Stop posting nonsense as it does not help anyone.

I said Air Astana flies to both cities . In the context of my post it was to KL and BKK. Simple for most.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Having been through the process,

There is a slight difference. You came on an METV ( with a valid visa that was not honoured), and permission of stay was not granted, here it's a case of the visa not being granted.

But yes, apart from that, it should be a similar process.

Edited by lkv

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Can you start a live stream somewhere (Facebook, Youtube, or something else)? Would be interesting to see what's going up there.

And make them so angry that they never let you in? Is that what the OP should do just that you can see a cell in the airport's detention?

Sorry, but not a good idea. Why don't you Google it? 

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Just to ensure clarity. You have a Kazakhstan passport, so hence you are a Kazakhstan national correct ? Are you also a passport holder of a former Soviet Union state because as you will be aware Kazakhstan does not normally allow dual citizenship unless there is an agreement with one of these former states.  So hence you would be considered a Kazak national only.  That may influence where the Thais return you to if the original inbound airline refuses to return you to the originating airport.

She's a Russian holding a passport from Kazakhstan. 

11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

And make them so angry that they never let you in? Is that what the OP should do just that you can see a cell in the airport's detention?

I don't think taking a video in the detention room is forbidden or they would confiscate phones.

Why should this make them angry? I think they don't care unless you shove the camera in their face. If they ask you to stop you can still stop.

What is the worst thing that can happen? They deny her entry and she has to fly back to Kuala Lumpur?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't think taking a video in the detention room is forbidden or they would confiscate phones.

Why should this make them angry? I think they don't care unless you shove the camera in their face. If they ask you to stop you can still stop.

What is the worst thing that can happen? They deny her entry and she has to fly back to Kuala Lumpur?

My point being was that when posting such a film on social media, people will comment it.

And of course, will there be many negative comments. 

Once those comments will be seen by the IO, I do not think it's good for the OP. That's all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Lordy mate, you won't stop going on this one track. No airlines fly both Bkk - Kl and Bkk to Astana. The OP is not going to be sent to Kazakhstan. Also, the Thai authorities do not decide where he/she goes. That is up to the airline and the passenger. Really, nobody is being deported. I don't know how many times you have to be told.

You're so right, but some people just don't want to understand. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

She's a Russian holding a passport from Kazakhstan. 

I believe Kazakhstan was part of the USSR before 1991.

So if she is over 28 years old she was born in the USSR, therefore Russian. My take on it

• Like 1

I am sorry for what happened to the OP. I hope you will be out soon and we wait for your update.

For all of us to learn again, visa-exempt / tourists visas / VOA etc. and certain ED visa holders should not travel into BKK/DMK with a history in Thailand. I would pay for getting an earlier flight out too, but that is a personal choice.

Edited by cerox

4 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

There are at least 11 flights for July 15 with tickets for sale from Suvarnabhumi to KL.

Probably a whole lot more than your internet search revealed but the key is the airline that the OP came in on has to pay the seat cost for the OP's 'repatriation' and the airlines are not about to bump a fare-paying passenger just to help the OP or fulfill their obligations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Probably a whole lot more than your internet search revealed but the key is the airline that the OP came in on has to pay the seat cost for the OP's 'repatriation' and the airlines are not about to bump a fare-paying passenger just to help the OP or fulfill their obligations.

Correct.  So if the OP confirms the airline we can put the theory of whether a sold out flight is delaying her return to the test.

8 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Correct.  So if the OP confirms the airline we can put the theory of whether a sold out flight is delaying her return to the test.

This was already clarified:

6 hours ago, Zhanna said:

They said that the airline with which I flew is responsible to transport me back. I've been here for 24 hours now.... On the airline  website, it's showing that there is no flight to Kuala Lumpur today but yesterday they said the flight was confirmed for today....

Somebody probably just told her "tomorrow" instead of "in two days"

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Some more off topic, inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

No further notice will be made when posts have been removed.

Just a reminder after removing several more.

Ok so the OP was reassured that the likelyhood of him/her being physically harmed while in detention is very low, which was the original question.

I see no reason for us to troll 40 further pages.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Seems like the OP is out and gone? I think the OP said she/he ( I think she) did not have any 2019 visa on arrivals so thought was ok as only had for 2018 and the rule states 2 per calendar year as the OP thought. Of any course it is writing on the wall to many that is is now like the hunting practice as of shooting at a flock of ducks while flying. Only one or a few will be hit and come down out of the many. 

I wait for the day when they really start hitting on the long term extension expats.

Anyway, sorry to hear this as no one should have to go through being scared. A warning would have been better.

Not gone unfortunately. I am still in the cell. I asked them to call the airline which they did after trying to shut me up, the airline said ' We are going to check for you' and hang up. They never called back. My friend sent the e-mail to Royal Jordanian but no response. tried calling nothing. They pushed me back into the cell. They treat you like you are no human. I can see there is a flight at 4:30 tomorrow to Kuala Lumpur but I have not been told which flight I am gonna be on. I find it hard to believe that if they lied once, they wouldn't do it again.... I am dreading if tomorrow they are going to tell me there is no flight...

• Like 2