Used newspapers where to buy and least expensive oil painting supplies

mogoso

Got a good sized garden plot I wanna cover with news papers and sawdust and seek to find a place that sells old newspapers. Additionally I seek a place to purchase painting supplies for our household Picasso, our grandson. I gave him an easel and a boxed set of paints and brushes. Now I need something for him to practice on other than the walls and our dogs. Thank you

Regarding old news papers, my best advice would be to contact your local recycling about that. They might sell to you for the same price they get from recycling companies.

if you look around, you will usually see people working with collecting paper and glas as well as other stuff. You can buy from them.

For painting supplies it´s depending on where you live, but I would say SE-ED or other bookstores as well as Central and Robinson to be possible options.

If in Bangkok you will always have Siam Art Supplies, or otherwise you can also buy online at https://www.monotaro.co.th/k/store/Art supplies/

You will find more if you do a Google search.

I assume you want to use the newspapers as a weed suppressant, and not give the worms something the read.

they work well and will break down naturally....heres the but...

However I dont advise using sawdust in conjuction with the paper, as it will get wet and claggy and start to introduce termites.

A tip to get rid of weeds

Give them a weed kill spray then lay new turf over the top. Healthy grass will not tolerate weeds.

Every Thai market has a vendor that sells old newspapers by the kg. The last time I bought some was at Talaat Thanin. I had to ask around but was eventually led to an out of the way, cluttered shopfront with newspapers stacked to the ceiling. I'm fairly certain I bought them at Talaat San Pakoy as well.

21 hours ago, elektrified said:

Every Thai market has a vendor that sells old newspapers by the kg. The last time I bought some was at Talaat Thanin. I had to ask around but was eventually led to an out of the way, cluttered shopfront with newspapers stacked to the ceiling. I'm fairly certain I bought them at Talaat San Pakoy as well.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, eyecatcher said:

I assume you want to use the newspapers as a weed suppressant, and not give the worms something the read.

they work well and will break down naturally....heres the but...

However I dont advise using sawdust in conjuction with the paper, as it will get wet and claggy and start to introduce termites.

A tip to get rid of weeds

Give them a weed kill spray then lay new turf over the top. Healthy grass will not tolerate weeds.

I should have asked the egg store where they get their paper ty for the market idea.                      As for the newspaper I do wanna suppress the weeds and the saw dust will keep it in place and with a gazillion termites after every heavy rain won't bother me or the saw dust and I'll will add more sawdust for the next year. I'm after a great growth area with improved soil. The saw dust and the composted surface under the newspaper with a dusting of chicken poop I think will do the job by the next rainy season with so much of it breaking down. I use no chemicals and I'm bored with slow regeneration

Archived