METV visas

Is this information correct? 

Apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa (METV) – Before you leave for Thailand, you need to apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa (METV) at a Thai embassy in your home country. You will find a list of Thai embassies in every country and their websites here.

What that multiple-entry tourist visa allows is up to three stays in Thailand; stays that can be as long as 90 days each (an initial 60 days plus a 30 day extension you can apply for at an immigration office within Thailand).

That means, with just the one visa you will be allowed to stay in Thailand for 267 days . Technically.

https://tastythailand.com/how-many-days-is-a-tourist-allowed-to-stay-in-thailand-every-year/

Most of it is correct.

The 267 days depends upon how many days before you enter the country your passport was issued. The 6 month validity of the visa starts on the date it was issued. You have to enter the country on or before the day your visa expires to get a new 60 day entry.

The METV actually allows unlimited 60 day entries to the country. Many people choose to not apply for the 30 day for each entry if near a border crossing. You only need a 30 day extension for the last 60 day entry to get the max total stay from the visa.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most of it is correct.

The 267 days depends upon how many days before you enter the country your passport was issued. The 6 month validity of the visa starts on the date it was issued. You have to enter the country on or before the day your visa expires to get a new 60 day entry.

The METV actually allows unlimited 60 day entries to the country. Many people choose to not apply for the 30 day for each entry if near a border crossing. You only need a 30 day extension for the last 60 day entry to get the max total stay from the visa.

Not sure I understand

if I leave the country for work around 1 to 2 months, does that make my METV invalid for another 60 days? 

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Not sure I understand

if I leave the country for work around 1 to 2 months, does that make my METV invalid for another 60 days? 

The METV can no longer be used to enter Thailand after the "Enter before" date of the visa (which is six months after the visa was issued). On entry using the visa, you will receive a 60-day permission to stay. That is all you need to understand.

26 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The only way that would make your METV invalid for entry to the country would be if you entered the country after the "valid until date" (6 months after the day it was issued) on your visa. 

• Thanks 1