Potential problem with my LG 55" TV

Golden Triangle

I have just noticed possible problem with the screen of my LG TV, see attached photos, does anyone know what it could be ?.

I have the TV on most of the day mainly playing the radio through Google, then in the evening watching sport, movies or TV series, so the TV is on for about 14 to 15 hours a day.

Sorry about the blurred pics.

Thanks for any help you can give

Also, the bottom of the frame is, I think hotter than it should be.

IMG_20190714_141640.jpg

IMG_20190714_141250.jpg

Do you have an electromagnetic source (such as speakers) close to the sides and base of your screen?

If so, they could be providing the interference.

Try moving them further away from the edges of your screen to see if that eliminates the problem.

27 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Do you have an electromagnetic source (such as speakers) close to the sides and base of your screen?

If so, they could be providing the interference.

Try moving them further away from the edges of your screen to see if that eliminates the problem.

Nope nothing near it Jai Dee, I have a pair of wireless headphones that I charge via the USB port at the back but they are always switched off, and removed as soon as the Red charging light goes out. the only other thing close to it is my Android box that I run Chrome and all the other apps through to watch my movies, sport and TV series.

I'll be watching the Cricket final in about 20 mins, so I'll see if has affected live TV 

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Nope nothing near it Jai Dee, I have a pair of wireless headphones that I charge via the USB port at the back but they are always switched off, and removed as soon as the Red charging light goes out. the only other thing close to it is my Android box that I run Chrome and all the other apps through to watch my movies, sport and TV series.

I'll be watching the Cricket final in about 20 mins, so I'll see if has affected live TV 

Well I'm watching the cricket and there is no sign of any whiteness around the lower portion of the screen, maybe it has something to do with BBC radio 2, I honestly don't know.

The Android box would not emit much of an electromagnetic field... if any at all.

How old is the TV?

Believe it or not, older models seem to be lasting longer these days than the newer models.

It has been touted around the forum that the most you can expect out of the latest LED TV's are 2-3 years at best.

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well I'm watching the cricket and there is no sign of any whiteness around the lower portion of the screen, maybe it has something to do with BBC radio 2, I honestly don't know.

So only internet radio? Not streaming video?

26 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

So only internet radio? Not streaming video?

Only radio via internet Google Chrome, although BBC does provide a cover page with the image of the presenter and also the name(s) of any guests. I could use the internal search function that I used to use ( internet radio, not BBC sounds app) and see if that resolves it.

I know LED TV have a lifespan and as it's on 15 hours a day almost everyday I may be reaching the end of the line.

As for the age of the TV, it could be close to 4 years old.

My LG 55" just started showing 2 vertical lines from top to bottom near the middle of the screen a couple of days ago. They're about 6" apart. It's only about 2-3 years old. Any ideas what that could be or how I could get it to go away?

Archived