I own the box dish etc and True subcontractors will only do rental systems

I believe I need a download to the box and a new LNB

If you want to watch TRUE ,you will have to take out a subscription

then they will come and set your box/LBN for you.or do you want to

watch something else,dont think there is much else to view on Satellites

these days.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Anybody any idea how to get this season's English Premier League?

An announcement from True said that have it for the coming season but the staff in TRUE have no idea about it?

Did you try calling their customer service number vs. inquiring at the store?  The store personnel are clueless.

If you own the dish and the box (you are not renting, which means that if you stop payment for some reason, you do not have to pay a "re-installation" fee to restore service; you just pay and they turn the service back on), then you have to wait until all the rentals are updated. 
I went to the True office and this is what they told me. 

4 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Anybody any idea how to get this season's English Premier League?

An announcement from True said that have it for the coming season but the staff in TRUE have no idea about it?

True Visions have the rights for the EPL for the next 3 seasons - the announcement was carried in a number of different media sources a while ago. According to the announcement:

All 380 matches will be broadcast throughout each season on all platforms -- TrueVisions, TrueMoveH, TrueOnline and TrueID

So even if you don't want to get a full True Visions subscription, it looks as if you could still get the games using the True ID TV app, for example. The app supports Chromecast so if you have one (or a smart TV with Chromecast functionality) you could watch games on your TV.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Did you try calling their customer service number vs. inquiring at the store?  The store personnel are clueless.

Ah ha, there speaks the voice of reason.

My take on it is that somebody will know something before August 10th when the season kicks off

But nevertheless I shall have my wife call customer services within the next few days and report back any findings or indeed if they are all still clueless.

I remember them heavily advertising a service whereby you could record programmes from the tv to watch at a later date...something we have been doing in the west for 40 years. They had big signs in Siam TV about it....but they did not have any of the boxes that were required to do it and were not expecting any for at least 6 months...that was about 5 years ago...kind of lost interest in it now

4 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I remember them heavily advertising a service whereby you could record programmes from the tv to watch at a later date...something we have been doing in the west for 40 years. They had big signs in Siam TV about it....but they did not have any of the boxes that were required to do it and were not expecting any for at least 6 months...that was about 5 years ago...

I've had a TrueVisions TV box with recording capability for about 3 years now - you have to plug in your own USB device but it works great. It also allows you to pause and rewind live TV which is really handy.

If you have the Platinum package you are okay .

If you have the Gold package , you have to go into a True office and register for the Premier League games. 

If you do this before July 31st you have to pay 199 baht a month extra. That is for the first season only I believe . 

After that it will rise to 399 baht a month.

If you do not make the July 31st. deadline it will cost 399 baht a month.

9 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

True Visions have the rights for the EPL for the next 3 seasons - the announcement was carried in a number of different media sources a while ago. According to the announcement:

So even if you don't want to get a full True Visions subscription, it looks as if you could still get the games using the True ID TV app, for example. The app supports Chromecast so if you have one (or a smart TV with Chromecast functionality) you could watch games on your TV.

Will Amazon ???? also work?

Archived