Visa extension: proof of address of an apartment when your name isn't on the contract

Hey everyone, I'm planning to extend my visa this week and I have to do the proof of address bit, but I never had to do it with my previous extensions, and I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. My husband rents our apartment (he has a year contract) and the contract is under his name, so I'm wondering if it's enough to bring the contract and a copy of his passport, plus he'll be there with me. Or is there some other document that I should have to show that I live in this apartment? A letter from my husband saying that I live at the same address?  I'll be going to jomtien for the 30 day extension on a 30 day visa exempt, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice! 

Did your husband or landlord file a TM30 when you arrived at the address.

If so, your place of residence has already been recorded.

Copy of landlords Tabien Baan and ID card as proof of address and/or rental contract.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Did your husband or landlord file a TM30 when you arrived at the address.

If so, your place of residence has already been recorded.

And if not, your name should be written in next to his on the lease agreement.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need any of those documents to simply extend a 30 day visa waiver for 30 days. Simply apply and pay the fee. I don't think too many people lease a place for 30 days on visa exempt. Most probably stay in hotels etc. 

Edited by emptypockets