TM30 Do You Comply?

Skeptic7

TM 30 - Do You Comply?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mrs.Trans got fined in Ubon because I crossed the Lao border for one night, and I have done it for years with no ploblem. They gave her a TM30 to fill in the next time I spent one night in Lao. Last month I spent one night in Lao, next day she went to immigration with the TM30, they said don't need that...What the flush are they doing...

I was only told I have to do this well after I'm sure the time limit had expired. I did my last 90 day report online without any issues so I'll ignore it until I'm fined I suppose. Next report is in September and extension is in November, hopefully it won't cause any major issues with that.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I doubt anyone complies 100%, after sleeping on friends couch etc. 

As others have said complying at one office is not the same as complying at another office.

I was told by Jomptien Immigration that as I lived in rented accommodation that I only needed to report after returning from overseas and not after staying in a hotel in Thailand. However if my landlord reported me I should tell my landlord when I was going abroad and when I returned. As a safety matter I also self reported but was told that strictly this was not necessary if my landlord reported me. If I owned my condo then I would have to report once and on return to my own condo wouldn't have to report again.

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Mrs.Trans got fined in Ubon because I crossed the Lao border for one night, and I have done it for years with no ploblem. They gave her a TM30 to fill in the next time I spent one night in Lao. Last month I spent one night in Lao, next day she went to immigration with the TM30, they said don't need that...What the flush are they doing...

They are doing what they always do. Pick and choose. By their rules you do need to fill one out but I guess in your recent experience the person you spoke to couldnt be assed. It’s a lottery on any given day. 

I'm surprised by the number of "Yes always" votes! Safe to assume that the "What's a TM30?" votes are technically "No".  

When I officially moved from Pattaya to BKK a couple years ago and had never done one, they (CW BKK) made me do one and fined me for late reporting. Out and back into The Kingdom last year by air 6 times and never did one. When I got my extension of stay (Retirement) last December (at CW)...NO TM 30 was asked for, nor about. Same travels this year without doing TM30. Will be interesting to see if they require a new one and a fine. Assuming yes, but one never knows anything here in  Land of Random.

It's at minimum, a half-day wasted for me. Highly inconvenient, unnecessary and ridiculous rule. 

No.

My experiences with the local office discouraged me from further involvement.

I get a new visa each year and leave the country every 90 days, and enjoy the time away.

If I want proof of address I go to the embassy.

2 hours ago, mserror said:

No.

My experiences with the local office discouraged me from further involvement.

I get a new visa each year and leave the country every 90 days, and enjoy the time away.

If I want proof of address I go to the embassy.

Not at the Australian embassy anymore.

Did not when we lived there but we left in 2016

Rule was there but Imm was not doing the 1600 fine yet

Since 2016 we visit each year for a few months & of course do not file as we have no need to

enter imm

So far no problems

I'm surprised by the number of "Yes always" votes! Safe to assume that the "What's a TM30?" votes are technically "No".  

When I officially moved from Pattaya to BKK a couple years ago and had never done one, they (CW BKK) made me do one and fined me for late reporting. Out and back into The Kingdom last year by air 6 times and never did one. When I got my extension of stay (Retirement) last December (at CW)...NO TM 30 was asked for, nor about. Same travels this year without doing TM30. Will be interesting to see if they require a new one and a fine. Assuming yes, but one never knows anything here in  Land of Random.

It's at minimum, a half-day wasted for me. Highly inconvenient, unnecessary and ridiculous rule. 

This seems like a reasonable compromise if it is CW's policy. Have one on file, but no updates required when coming and going, unless you move to a new permanent address.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Never filled one in the ten years i have lived here. I do leave the country at least once per year and have occasionally stayed in Thai hotels. Never had a problem. There is some document clipped to my passport other than a 90 day report notification, might be one, but IO did it not me! Clipped on to well to see what it is.

I live in a sensible IO area ......

Archived