Seeking Clarification on Potential Divorce

bushido4u

I did not find anything conclusive when doing a search. 
Basically I have a question regarding potential divorce. My spouse and I got eloped in the USA a few years ago. However, she is a non-resident and has never resided in any of the states. Currently, we are living overseas in Thailand, but we never got our marriage recognized . So my question is if divorce falls through does she have any claims to any of my assets? Some of my research states unless she lived in the States she has no legal rights to even file for a divorce and seek alimony, is that true? Thanks 

Start being more specific if you hope to get an answer: nationality of your wife, why the divorce would "fall through,"  why the marriage is not "recognized" (by whom), while is your residence states, and what keeps you from consulting a US lawyer if you have assets worth protecting? 

I do know for a fact that if you were married in Thailand legally married in Thailand and American to a Thai lady that marriage will be recognized in the United States I just helped a Thai girl here who married a FArang from South Carolina I just helped her get hooked up with the lawyer the marriage it’s recorded here in the Amphur is recognized and he’s already received a letter that he cannot do anything with the house the vehicles that assets the bank account until the Divorce is final

If you were married in the USA as your post hints then all she has to do is find a good divorce lawyer who will direct her to move to the state that will be best for her divorce settlement. If married in Thailand and filed the papers then you still have risks if she gets advice from a good lawyer.  See a Texas lawyer soon. 

Archived