Can i download music from YouTube with no worries?

suschka

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

If by download you mean to your harddrive, it's illegal no matter where you are unless the music in question is an original work and been published under a Creative Commons licence.

Tell me why then on Youtube there are download buttons ?

24 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Lets just say I'm not holding my breath for a screenshot 555

Yes you are not getting one either.

I guess i have been downloading of Youtube for so long i had no idea i once installed Youtube downloader.It is an option with Firefox.

It does show on all of my screens that i can download so i thought it was part of Youtube.

On the other hand i have not heard of anyone in Thailand being punished for downloading anything!!!

I have a lot of movies and a zillion pieces of music on my hard drive.

Maybe time for a crackdown?

26 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes you are not getting one either.

I guess i have been downloading of Youtube for so long i had no idea i once installed Youtube downloader.It is an option with Firefox.

It does show on all of my screens that i can download so i thought it was part of Youtube.

On the other hand i have not heard of anyone in Thailand being punished for downloading anything!!!

I have a lot of movies and a zillion pieces of music on my hard drive.

Maybe time for a crackdown?

Yes I have been downloading you tube music for many years and I use VTD Video down loader

eh?  There are many free youtube video download programs out there that will download the video or audio only into many different file formats.  As long as you don't sell or try to make money from the downloads I don't think it is illegal to download for personal use

Archived