Loei natural swimming area

Kenny202

Is there anywhere around Loei has a nice natural area for swimming? Gentle waterfalls, rock pools etc

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You know I’ve been there before that is an awesome place up north near the Laotian border. We’ve been meaning to go again. There are other much smaller natural swimming areas closer to where I live though and I much prefer the natural swimming areas to the pool.

Hi Kenny

Try the National Park near Amphur Na Haew/Haew. Theres a river (not sure of the name .. Huang???) that acts as a border to Lao. Heaps of pools and gentle waterfalls ideal for swimming.

Also a few waterfalls on the way up to Phu Ruea.

The amphur town of Na Haew itself sees Lao folk wading across the river, picking up provisions then wading back again. All under the gaze of a bored border guard!

Plenty of resorts up there aswell.

Enjoy; beautiful area!

The Hueang river is the one on the border of Thailand and Laos.  This looks interesting; though the water may be too muddy for swimming when there's a lot of water flowing:

The Tad Huang Waterfall or Thailand - Laos Waterfall is the most beautiful waterfall in Phu Suan Sai National Park with comprising of 3 different tiers and a height of approximately 50 meters. This waterfall is a border between Thailand and the Lao People’s Democratic Republic therefore both Thai and the Lao People’s can use this waterfall.

Search Google Maps for Tat Huang Waterfall Loei and you'll find a lot of photos.

Archived