non-o family Penang success 2019

I am in the same situation as you and would love to get a Multi Non-O from Penang, the only thing I am missing at the moment is the Bank Statement showing the 400k. I simply don't have the money or the financial resources at the moment.

Can Jim arrange things or is there any agent that can "facilitate" things? I could pay for said "arrangements".

5 hours ago, tcp7 said:

I am in the same situation as you and would love to get a Multi Non-O from Penang, the only thing I am missing at the moment is the Bank Statement showing the 400k

Got to one of the consulates in Savannakhet, Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam where they do not ask for financial proof.

5 hours ago, tcp7 said:

Can Jim arrange things or is there any agent that can "facilitate" things?

That is not possible as far as I know. The consulate will not change their requirements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to one of the consulates in Savannakhet, Laos or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam where they do not ask for financial proof.

That is not possible as far as I know. The consulate will not change their requirements.

Thanks Joe.

5 hours ago, tcp7 said:

I am in the same situation as you and would love to get a Multi Non-O from Penang, the only thing I am missing at the moment is the Bank Statement showing the 400k. I simply don't have the money or the financial resources at the moment.

Are you married on paper?  Savannakhet, Laos is one of the main places with no financial proof.

Now HCMC I am not 100% sure if you must be married or if having a Thai kid is enough.

Penang the money does not have to be seasoned.  It can either be monthly 40k for 10-12 months or 400k at once.  The passbook or the statement just has to show it in there as the final balance.

5 hours ago, tcp7 said:

Can Jim arrange things or is there any agent that can "facilitate" things? I could pay for said "arrangements".

Nothing is impossible.  But it has tightened up and  im is unlikely to do that.     

• 1 month later...

If using the monthly income method for the Non O Thai child . Does each monthly deposit have to stay there , so that 40k is showing as the balance at time of application , or can money be withdrawn leaving a balance of , for example 20,ooo . Also does the Thai child have to be born in Thailand . My child has an Aussie birth cert , but has all the tabian ban , Thai ID , village stuff etc .

19 hours ago, minotaur said:

Is it true that non-Thai bank accounts must be in either MYR or $US? Pounds not accepted?

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is false info. It can be in any foreign currency account.

If it is non MYR, USD, EUR, or THB, you may have to write the exchange rate.  or print a page from xe.com showing xxx to THB rate.

19 hours ago, gimo said:

If using the monthly income method for the Non O Thai child . Does each monthly deposit have to stay there , so that 40k is showing as the balance at time of application , or can money be withdrawn leaving a balance of , for example 20,ooo . Also does the Thai child have to be born in Thailand . My child has an Aussie birth cert , but has all the tabian ban , Thai ID , village stuff etc .

for monthly showing, you need 10+ months of 40k deposits.  the final balance doesn't matter.

but similar to showing 400k 1 time, why not just not update passbook first, THEN do whatever withdrawal vyou need?

Edited by 4evermaat

1 hour ago, 4evermaat said:

r monthly showing, you need 10+ months of 40k deposits.  the final balance doesn't matter.

but similar to showing 400k 1 time, why not just not update passbook first, THEN do whatever withdrawal vyou need?

Thanks evermaat , My intention / need is to use the 40,000 each month to live on . Hoping that showing the evidence of the  deposits having been made will suffice .

• Like 1

Thank you for this report it is very helpful, I plan to go down to Penang next month. One question I have is why did you need a copy of your previous non-o visa? I am in a similar situation in that I have a new passport that only has one border run and a 60 day extension in it, no non-o. Is the copy of the previous non-o a requirement?

Thanks,

Phuket Mike

45 minutes ago, phuket Mike said:

Thank you for this report it is very helpful, I plan to go down to Penang next month. One question I have is why did you need a copy of your previous non-o visa? I am in a similar situation in that I have a new passport that only has one border run and a 60 day extension in it, no non-o. Is the copy of the previous non-o a requirement?

Thanks,

Phuket Mike

It has been reported that your first application for a Non O may only result in a single entry visa. Apparently, they want to see evidence that you enter and leave before trusting you with a multiple entry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It has been reported that your first application for a Non O may only result in a single entry visa. Apparently, they want to see evidence that you enter and leave before trusting you with a multiple entry.

Okay thanks for the reply, it will be in fact my 4th but first from Penang.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, justaphase said:

Bounce..

Didn't they want to see proof of parental rights? Other forums talk of needing this for a 12 month non o based on kids.

If I got a 'friend' to put 400,000 in my bank account and print a balance is that proof enough?

No proof you are the legal father of your child is needed in Penang. Perhaps confusion with getting a one year extension of stay.

All you need is proof of 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply. Your updated bank book and copies of it would be enough.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 1:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

No proof you are the legal father of your child is needed in Penang. Perhaps confusion with getting a one year extension of stay.

All you need is proof of 400k baht in the bank on the day you apply. Your updated bank book and copies of it would be enough.

Is this still the case?

My work contract is coming to an end in March and I will lose my Non B Visa / Work permit. It is not yet clear when I will start working again.

I have a Thai girlfriend and a daughter.

Can I get a Non O based on Thai Child without being married to buy me sometime whilst we decide what to do. I have 400k in a Thai Bank account and I am named on the birth certificate but I am not married so no marriage certificate.

24 minutes ago, Stese said:

Is this still the case?

Yes

25 minutes ago, Stese said:

Can I get a Non O based on Thai Child without being married to buy me sometime whilst we decide what to do. I have 400k in a Thai Bank account and I am named on the birth certificate but I am not married so no marriage certificate.

No need to be married to get a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You will need their birth certificate and copy of it and a copy of their house book registry.

You may only get a single entry non-o when you apply for your fires multiple entry non-o.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi ubonjoe. Is it possible to get the Non O multiple entry based on Thai child in KL if I’m a Malaysian citizen? I know they only issue single entry visa. Will they be more tolerant towards a Malaysian citizen? Any past confirmed reports of people getting the multiple entry visa this way? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BrianT said:

Hi ubonjoe. Is it possible to get the Non O multiple entry based on Thai child in KL if I’m a Malaysian citizen? I know they only issue single entry visa. Will they be more tolerant towards a Malaysian citizen? Any past confirmed reports of people getting the multiple entry visa this way? Thanks. 

I have not seen any reports of them issuing a multiple entry non-o visa. 

I suggest you contact them about it. Email: [email protected]

• Thanks 1