Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

webfact

Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

2019-07-14T203830Z_1_LYNXNPEF6D0LQ_RTROPTP_4_USA-FED-POWELL.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) questions Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell during a House Financial Services Committee hearing on "Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy" in Washington, U.S. July 10, 2019. REUTERS/Erin Scott

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday told a group of mostly American-born Democratic congresswomen to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came," a comment that was condemned by Democrats as racist.

"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe... viciously telling the people of the United States... how our government is to be run," Trump said in a series of three comments on Twitter.

U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday told a group of mostly American-born Democratic congresswomen to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." Linda So reports.

While he did not mention names, Trump appeared to be referring to first-year Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan - a group known as "the squad" that has been very critical of Trump and also of the current Democratic leadership of the House.

Only Omar, whose family left Somalia as refugees and arrived in Minneapolis in 1997, was born outside the United States.

"Mr. President, the country I 'come from,' and the country we all swear to, is the United States," Ocasio-Cortez, like Trump a native of New York City, responded on Twitter. "You are angry because you can't conceive of an America that includes us. You rely on a frightened America for your plunder."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, has feuded with the group in an increasingly bitter intra-party fight, but came to their defense Sunday along with other Democratic colleagues. She called Trump's comments "xenophobic."

"When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to 'Make America Great Again' has always been about making America white again," she said on Twitter.

"Do I fit into the President's category?" U.S. Senator Dick Durbin on Illinois, said on CBS's "Face the Nation," mentioning his family's Lithuanian heritage.

"Thanks goodness," he said of Omar's journey from refugee to one of only two Muslim women elected to Congress, along with Tlaib, a native of Detroit. "That is what America holds as a dream. The president should not diminish it."

(Reporting by Howard Schneider; Editing by Mary Milliken, Rosalba O'Brien and Daniel Wallis)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-15

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty pathetic coming from potus just enexcusable should be painfully obvious our Donald is rasist just because someone doesent support your point of view this is what you have to say beeing potus just pathetic 

He did not say countries he said "places" meaning AOC should be working to improve conditions in the Bronx N.Y., her congressional district.  The Somali lady should be working to improve the dire employment situation in her district in Minnesota etc.  This is a great example how the media lies and distorts everything to further their hatred and division.

4 minutes ago, daoyai said:

He did not say countries he said "places" meaning AOC should be working to improve conditions in the Bronx N.Y., her congressional district.  The Somali lady should be working to improve the dire employment situation in her district in Minnesota etc.  This is a great example how the media lies and distorts everything to further their hatred and division.

I would say nice try, but your attempt at exonerating Trump is laughable:

"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe... viciously telling the people of the United States... how our government is to be run," Trump said in a series of three comments on Twitter."

43 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
47 minutes ago, daoyai said:

I would say nice try, but your attempt at exonerating Trump is laughable:

"So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe... viciously telling the people of the United States... how our government is to be run," Trump said in a series of three comments on Twitter."

So Daoyai is wrong again.  Can Trump supporters EVER admit that they're wrong? 

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

So Daoyai is wrong again.  Can Trump supporters EVER admit that they're wrong? 

He's not wrong. It's just that, as Stephen Colbert once remarked something to the effect that reality has a well known liberal bias.

The #me too movement have brought about many positive changes, however, some of those me too practitioners are pushing the boundaries of behaving like a fish mongers in the market, disrespectful, boistouiress and noisy just to make a point and to show that as women they can be pushy as much as the men, one anecdote about hose 4 congresswoman that all 4 of them are Israel's opponents and strong critisiores.. coincident? i think not...

48 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Nice deflection, too bad it makes you look silly, but not as bad as it makes trump look...

Just goes to show you what happens when you mis-manage your meds first thing in the morning.

10 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The #me too movement have brought about many positive changes, however, some of those me too practitioners are pushing the boundaries of behaving like a fish mongers in the market, disrespectful, boistouiress and noisy just to make a point and to show that as women they can be pushy as much as the men, one anecdote about hose 4 congresswoman that all 4 of them are Israel's opponents and strong critisiores.. coincident? i think not...

Tried to figure out what the heck you meant by that post and how it relates to the man-child's latest inane blathering but gave up.

What an odious little-fingered man.

Three were born in the USA, so if Donald wants to got there, how about emigrating back to Germany where his family came from. Go and MGGA - ok, maybe need to re-think the slogan.

And for the record, I don't care much for any of these four legislators - their views and ways are not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

Trump is trolling the crazy 4 as well as their supporters but yea,  Ms. Omar does come from possibly the worst place on earth and she has brought that wonderful culture to her new home. Even the Dems. are sick of her BS, if I could advise the prez I would say just focus on continuing with your agenda (my stock portfolio thanks you) and let the "revolutionaries" destroy themselves. Very entertaining times.

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

What an odious little-fingered man.

Three were born in the USA, so if Donald wants to got there, how about emigrating back to Germany where his family came from. Go and MGGA - ok, maybe need to re-think the slogan.

And for the record, I don't care much for any of these four legislators - their views and ways are not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

well you were only part right, but there again you do not want to antagonize the Scotts... :whistling:

2 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Trump is trolling the crazy 4 as well as their supporters but yea,  Ms. Omar does come from possibly the worst place on earth and she has brought that wonderful culture to her new home. Even the Dems. are sick of her BS, if I could advise the prez I would say just focus on continuing with your agenda (my stock portfolio thanks you) and let the "revolutionaries" destroy themselves. Very entertaining times.

So, since according to you, the "places" that Trump was referring to were the districts they represented, Omar comes from nightmarish city called Minneapolis.

Why does Twitter not close his account???

Hateful conduct policy

Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/hateful-conduct-policy

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

So, since according to you, the "places" that Trump was referring to were the districts they represented, Omar comes from nightmarish city called Minneapolis.

One of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. violent crime 3x the natl. average. Somali gangs infest her district. 

25 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Very entertaining times.

I can not agree with you,a country that is so divided already does not need anymore

problems like this.I do blame both sides,sad that politicians are not there to serve their country

but only to push their own agenda.

And that goes for politicians around the world.

Stand up comics need a team of lawyers to check if jokes are appropiate but what about the

jokes the so called leaders come op with??

34 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Atta boy Donald.....get the far left foaming at the mouth. He knows these remarks cause chaos within the Democratic party. Yep, Donald continues to play the Dems like puppets.

Right it's only democrats who will find his bigotry repugnant. Independents are just gonna eat it up.

Mr.Trump will eventually be POTUS for another 4 years.

For those who are supporters, just enjoy it.

For those who aren't please with him, just be patient.

The fact is,

he will be history soon or later.

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Mr.Trump will eventually be POTUS for another 4 years.

For those who are supporters, just enjoy it.

For those who aren't please with him, just be patient.

The fact is,

he will be history soon or later.

Another time-traveler has blessed us with his report from the future.

Just now, bristolboy said:

Great point! What exactly is it?

Well... I know you're not very much 'up-to-date' but there is an election 'thing' in the US in 2020 (yes that's NEXT year!) and, at elections, the US sheeple + independents can decide if they support the 'gang of four pc liberals' or the megalomaniac great choice huh? 

I notice, BTW, none of the said 'Gof4' have stood for election? but why not join the other 23 ne'er-do-wells?

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Well... I know you're not very much 'up-to-date' but there is an election 'thing' in the US in 2020 (yes that's NEXT year!) and, at elections, the US sheeple + independents can decide if they support the 'gang of four pc liberals' or the megalomaniac great choice huh? 

I notice, BTW, none of the said 'Gof4' have stood for election? but why not join the other 23 ne'er-do-wells?

You got this on the one hand predicting that he's going to win

Let them do their 'fighting' at the election 2020. They will help him win, the fools.

But when I point out that Independents probably are going to be repelled by his bigotry, your reply is to wait until 2020? Doublethink much?

Archived