Trump tells Democratic congresswomen to 'go back' to 'fix' countries they came from

webfact

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

Why would you consider them undesirables? I think for the most part the are asylum seekers, in which case I thin refugee camp would be more appropriate than concentration camp.

In any event, they’ll all come down with whatever parts of wall are there after the next election when crossing the border is decriminalized and ICE is abolished.

Woo hoo!

Do you consider them desirable?  In that case, why not encourage more of them to immigrate to the US?

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Morch said:

You can spin this however you like. She chose "concentration camps" simply because of the traction she knew it would generate. And that traction got little to do with all them alternative usages of the term. The link provided above sort of makes the point.

I think there are times when one doesn't have to cheer the home-team. That's one of them.

Of course she chose the term to generate traction.  Just as Trump uses adolescent name calling to generate traction.

Actually, when you think about it, it's one of those rare moments when Trump is actually telling the truth.  Look at his tweet:

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly....

Three of the "Progressive" Democratic Congresswomen were born in the United States, so Trump is making an admission that he, as president is presiding over a government that is "a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world..." 

And for all those Trump apologist, he said "whose governments are"  which describes the present tense.  

I have to agree with him on this one and would add that he as #45 is the worst and most corrupt president in the history of the United States, and the biggest liar. 

It's amazing, Trump actually told the truth at least one time.  Wow!

47 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Of course she chose the term to generate traction.  Just as Trump uses adolescent name calling to generate traction.

Another disappointment. Seriously - Trump isn't a role model. Whatever happened to when-they-go-we-go-high? If the above is the new word, why don't you ditch all them reasoned, well-written posts you usually make, and go for Trump style nonsense?

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

Another disappointment. Seriously - Trump isn't a role model. Whatever happened to when-they-go-we-go-high? If the above is the new word, why don't you ditch all them reasoned, well-written posts you usually make, and go for Trump style nonsense?

There are 435 members of the US House of Representatives.  It's to be expected that some of them won't always choose their words carefully.  There is only one President, and he is supposed to speak for the nation.  That is why responsible Presidents choose their words carefully.   Trump is not a responsible President.

41 minutes ago, mogandave said:

When Trump does it you attack him, yet when she does it you defend and make excuses for her.

Typical

I don't recall defending Cortez, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump fans who want all Democrats to be civil while applauding Trump's childish rants.

33 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You called them undesirables, not me.

The definition of a concentration camp is a place where undesirables are locked up.  If Trump and ICE don't consider these immigrants undesirable, why are they locked up?

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, heybruce said:

There are 435 members of the US House of Representatives.  It's to be expected that some of them won't always choose their words carefully.  There is only one President, and he is supposed to speak for the nation.  That is why responsible Presidents choose their words carefully.   Trump is not a responsible President.

I don't recall defending Cortez, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of Trump fans who want all Democrats to be civil while applauding Trump's childish rants.

The definition of a concentration camp is a place where undesirables are locked up.  If Trump and ICE don't consider these immigrants undesirable, why are they locked up?

Don't you think a bit extreme to liken the current situation to the 3rdreich.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:40 PM, Scott said:

Off-topic posts and replies removed.   I think we've heard enough about concentration camps vs. interment camps.   Continue and face a suspension.  

9 hours ago, OtinPattaya said:

Don't you think a bit extreme to liken the current situation to the 3rdreich.

Where did I mention the Third Reich?  Keep in mind the moderator has, correctly, shut down bickering posts on how much to read into the term "concentration camp".

Archived